George Allinson

Hi Guys
Anyone got any opinions on the company? any good to work for…good or bad? usual stuff
Thanks in advance

If it’s George Allinson Transport Darlington your on about I know two people that work there, one has been there 7 year and the other a lot longer. They seem to like it. Not one of the top payers but it’s average for the area.

Mainly Volvo, Scania and a few DAF’s

Rew:
If it’s George Allinson Transport Darlington your on about I know two people that work there, one has been there 7 year and the other a lot longer. They seem to like it. Not one of the top payers but it’s average for the area.

Yer George Allinson in Darlington is the one, there seems to be mixed feelings on the topic in previous posts.
(suppose that would be same for most companies) just having a fish.

Money isn’t the best but decent people and steady work. I know a few lads who’ve been there for years, they don’t have a high turnover of staff which speaks volumes.

cieranc:
Money isn’t the best but decent people and steady work. I know a few lads who’ve been there for years, they don’t have a high turnover of staff which speaks volumes.

Amen to that. There lies the answer thank you

I’ve been looking at their site since someone told me to try then for work in Wales.

They show south wales on their online application but I can’t find any info on where they are in wales. Anyone know??

Address on their contact page

George Allinson Transport Ltd.
Unit 3
Whimsey Industrial Estate
Cinderford
GL14 3JD
Tel 01594 826488
Fax 01594 826583

Not far from Welsh border

And Pant Glas Estate, Bedwas…

Bit further from the Welsh border :stuck_out_tongue:

steve_24v:

George Allinson is on this estate??

LR18-8:

steve_24v:

George Allinson is on this estate??

Yes, Cinderford is a satellite depot.

Decent bunch in Bedwas, which is more than I can say for that focking lot in Darlington :imp:

Cheers mate I’ll go round there today. Bedwas is only 4 - 5 miles from me :smiley:

avagojo:

Rew:

Yer George Allinson in Darlington is the one, there seems to be mixed feelings on the topic in previous posts.
(suppose that would be same for most companies) just having a fish.

you not having chips with that■■? :laughing: :laughing:

just having a fish.
[/quote]
you not having chips with that■■? :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
hah…wish it was that easy!!! got to catch the blighter first :unamused: Nothing gets handed to you on a plate no more :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers mate I’ll go round there today. Bedwas is only 4 - 5 miles from me

wouldn`t bother, as i spoke to them yesterday, and they only got 2 trucks based there and nothing doing at mo

Phone darlingto depot, and ask to speak to Fred pawass.
I’m sure they’re after a driver in cinderford, good luck mate

I’ve. Got the direct number for the managing director but I’m holding onto that for when I’m ready for work again. :wink: