Gaining experience, Agency or Direct?

I have been working as a Bus Driver around Bristol for the past 2 years currently on the bendy buses working through an agency. Now that I have passed my class 2 test and taking my CPC Mod 4 at the end of the month what would people is the best way to gain experience, be it still with an agency or working directly with a company?

Additionally I’ve seen the very helpfully guide in this forum which has given me a idea about the kind of manual gear boxes, and have driven mini buses with a manual 6 speed gear box with a unloaded weight of about 7600kg. But I learned with Scania in a truck which I would say is almost automatic but with a clutch for stopping and pulling away, would it advisable to pay for a lesson driving a full manual truck or is this something quickly picked up?

As this is my first post I hope it makes sense, and sorry about the long worded questions.

If you feel like you want to be guided in gently, then Direct is probably better.
If you’re a “fly by your pants” kind of guy, you could put a stone in your shoe and go Agency.

Sorry if that’s rather short and concise! :laughing:

hey there

it depends on your financial circumstances. if you can allow for some random income - go agency.

i don’t thnk you need lessons for that clutch thing, just get the keys and you will get it naturally
any qs - pm me

:slight_smile:

Thank you for your advise, I am going to see what kind of work the agency has to offer as it also allows me the flexible to work around my uni course.

If it was me would go the dreaded agency route for experience tbh,for a simple reason of you don’t like where the agency send you ring up and tell em,if your full time your stuck with it like it or not,agency work can be hit and miss but it’s experience none the less and gives you varied work not stuck at 1 place.

And more to the point a bus driver in Bristol? You sir deserve a medal hate the place with a passion and have the unruly and ignorant to deal with aswell something I couldn’t do no matter what .