G&S (greenock)

I don’t get north of the thames much these days but recently have seen plenty of G&S trailers being pulled by dutch subbies but not seen any of there own units.

Are they still running there own motors or have they gone the same way as the other great blue and white fridge outfit of the 90’s?.

Cheers
Neilf

As far as I know, they still run their own trucks and the main depot is now in Bellshill.

Last I heard, they had employed a lot of Polish drivers. But the Poles were causing a lot of damage so G&S’s insurance company were refusing to insure them if they continued to employ Poles.
How true any of this is I’m not sure, you know what drivers gossip can be like. :smiley: :smiley:

Well serves 'em right, they had their chance with me some years ago but shied away because they’d had a driver who lived in Bordeaux abandon the motor somewhere in France. :open_mouth:
Remember thinking that could be done by any driver anywhere :unamused:

Yes i had a little confrentation with one of their hungarian drivers , parked outside david price

Couldn’t believe it…

I hadn’t seen one of their motors for ages hence the post and the next day while on my way to dorchester I I see three coming out of poole.

I used to know a few of their drivers and it didn’t seem better or worse than any other euro job at the time.

The only thing I didn’t like was that they wanted 6 weeks away and then after your week off you spent a week catching up with your own motor.

Still I suppose the eastern euros will only have that problem twice a year as they’ll be doing 5 months on 1 month off.

It’s a shame that the continental game is going that way but the rates have been slashed again and again until I suppose you have to cut costs wherever you can.

It’s nothing new really, the dutch and irish have used cheaper drivers for years it’s just that now it’s not the brits.

Cheers
neilf