Funding?

Hi.

I’ve been browsing and used the search function, but have been unable to find an answer to my question. Does anyone know if the Professional/Career Development Loan can be used for Class 2 and Class 1 licences?

I found that the JCP were not very useful because they would plainly tell me that they no longer have any money to send anyone on any courses, unlike two years previously when they were sending anyone to anything imaginable. Does anyone know about any alternative sources of funding beyond self and the CPL?

Thanks. :grimacing:

Provided your training centre is registered with the Learning Skills Council, then you would be eligible to apply. No guarantees are given for approval as you still have to go through usual banking credit criteria. And remember it is a loan not a grant !!

Dean

Have you tried ESF ( european social funding )

When I received some funding several years ago now I had to supply them with at least 1 letter with an offer of a job at then end of it

But things have change a lot since them

Do you remember how you accessed it? From what I can find, it has to come via DWP or Train to Gain?

But I was on the sick at the time so things were slightly different for me

Not sure how to access ESF tbh

But like I said thing have changed a lot since then like a new government who have cut things also the funding changes from year -year depends on demand & the area you live in

If you are not working have you tried looking at going to A4E you have to attend there 10 hrs per week then they may be able to help with funding as they can access ESF for you

Hi RJP

We have had several students that have successfully applied for funding through various charities. Some charities will provide funding for certain criteria ie your home location or other personal circumstances. You might take a look at skinnershall.co.uk/charities … harity.htm . This is the Lawrence Attwell charity and they have provided funding in the past.

You could also look at other grant providing websites like charitiesdirect.com/ . If you have served in the forces the Royal British Legion may be able to help.

Perhaps other board members have received funding in this way and could offer advice.

You dont have to have served in the forces just a close family member then the Royal British Legion can help depends on your circumstances