Fuel Protest - 27th May '08

As everyone is currently aware, the current fuel situation is really putting the pinch on anyone getting behind the wheel of any vehicle.

Transaction 2007 (transaction-2007.com) Have just posted details of the upcoming fuel protest.

Protest/Demonstration by “TransAction 2007” is to be held in Park Lane, London, on Tuesday 27th May 2008 commencing 10.00am. This event has been authorised by the Metropolitan Police.

Those wishing to take part are advised that the use of motorised transport can be used. ie, Truck, bus, tanker, taxi, car etc. This means everyone can attend!

Participants are asked to conform to the requests of the Met Police when being marshalled for parking. Overspill parking will be on the A40 into London. You will be advised of this by the Met Police on arrival. Coaches from the A40 to the Marble Arch Rally point are free of charge.

Participants are asked to display any type of banner that can identify them as part of this protest, ie “Fuel Tax Protest”, “Dying for a Rebate”.

You are reminded that this is a “Lawful Protest/Demonstration” and as such, any person or persons seen acting outside of the Law will be immediately reported to the police and will be ejected from the area.

This event has been arranged for the participation of ALL users of road fuel.

Possibly a chance for a show of disapproval of the current fuel prices situation by all drivers, especially truckers as its putting strain on the transport industry that keeps this country running!

Apologies if its already been posted!

Rob.

Rob I am continually on about fuel through posts but very little ever gets done, what I feel we need is a new union, run by drivers for drivers as the FTA, RHA and the T&G are turning a blind eye to it , also Tony Woodley said twice on TV last week he was backing Brown !! But he was quick enough to come to Scotland for the fuel crisis.

Peter Carroll of Seymour transport was behind the Kent demo so maybe try him

willie_mac:
Rob I am continually on about fuel through posts but very little ever gets done, what I feel we need is a new union, run by drivers for drivers as the FTA, RHA and the T&G are turning a blind eye to it , also Tony Woodley said twice on TV last week he was backing Brown !! But he was quick enough to come to Scotland for the fuel crisis.

Peter Carroll of Seymour transport was behind the Kent demo so maybe try him

Isn’t that what URTU are supposed to be?

its nothing to do with drivers. its an operators problem. this why the UR TU etc .

What is the point of driving down to the a40 only to park up then catch a bus into london?
Direct action would be the answer. block off parliament and the surrounding area with 1000 trucks.
Lawful protests do nothing.
Illegal ones are the answer.

I agree 100% limey…whats needed is more than a 1000 trucks…it needs…every major road into every town and city in the country to be jammed up, not just london. It needs everybody to join in, Trucks, cars, vans, tractors, everyone who uses fuel for their vehicle…and a full turn out…and tell the government, this is going to happen 1 day a week, increasing by one day to 2 on the second week…etc…until they lower the tax on fuel…because although it would be an easier system to offer a rebate, to hauliers, the fuel increase affects everyone.

Going down to London to protest does no good the NEW drivers union is the only way forward the conditions in this job are crap treated like vermin not aloud to use toilets these places should be black listed and nobody goes there until conditions for drivers improve I will start with ADM oil works at Erith.

truckerbuster:
Going down to London to protest does no good the NEW drivers union is the only way forward the conditions in this job are crap treated like vermin not aloud to use toilets these places should be black listed and nobody goes there until conditions for drivers improve I will start with ADM oil works at Erith.

i am not trying to be rude but to the point.
if you go into a premises that wont allow you to use the toilets.
go overr beside the office and take it out and do what you need to do.
thay wont be too happy if they see you,but it might wake them up.
every one needs toilets.

how about this…set a time-say 14.30 hrs on a set day…everyone who is protesting pullover and park up for 1 hr…whether that be on an ‘A’ road ,motorway(hard shoulder),town road or whatever.
there’s not enough enforcers to move everyone on and the traffic will be affected…but not to degree of unlawfullness.
imagine the m6,with all the hgv’s pulled over on the shoulder at once…make good footage from the air as well.and if your boss asks why you were involved…well,you had no choice,guv. :smiley:

If every haulier in the UK decided to stick together for once and not deliver anything inside of the London orbital for 1 week, they’d listen soon enough and no laws would be broken. The only problem is, there will always be someone who will ■■■■■■ the work and go and deliver it

Sat 14th June -8:30 - Lymm truck stop - travel slowly up the M6 to carnforth. this is being organised for a Saturday to allow owners to continue to try to cover costs during the week.

Things are getting crazy. High fuel costs. Hand your keys in. No you can’t use the toilet because your a dirty scumbag.
Have a dump in a bag and exchange it for your keys once you are tipped/loaded. :wink:

Owner Drivers:
Sat 14th June -8:30 - Lymm truck stop - travel slowly up the M6 to carnforth. this is being organised for a Saturday to allow owners to continue to try to cover costs during the week.

whos organising this 1■■