FTA advisorys

one of the drivers in my depot keeps getting high advisory fine notices from the fta feed back sheets after our driver cards have been down loaded, this time round he had over £800 worth, guess he doent really under stand the driver hours too much, should he be seeking help and or should the company be taking action against him or maybe helping him sort this out.

IMO the CPC holder named on the O licence is responsible for ensuring that drivers stay within all the relevant regulations. Therefore, he should be aware of these advisory notes and taking steps to ensure that it doesn’t happen again, preferably by re-educating the driver. Simpy getting a driver to sign infringement sheets without discussing and explaining the problems is a complete waste of time.

The company should be helping him understand where he is going wrong before the fines become real! That said, I still personally believe that some aspects of drivers hours rules should be simplified into a language that we can all understand. I still get slightly confused by them. I think they are too complicated at present and that’s where most of the infringements arise from.

so if things carry on unchecked can the company get a hefty fine for allowing this

Yes, because the company is responsible for ensuring that drivers operate within the law.

It makes you laugh doesnt it,they make rules up then write them so you have to be a solicitor to understand them then moan that people run illegally intentionally or not and then have the cheek to fine you.

so how about we start a petition to downing street and get over 100,000 signatures to get parliament to at least discuss the problem ■■?
if it needs solicitors to interpret the rules maybe we need retraining in soliciting … what ■■?

Not everyone understands the same thing surely you realise that.It tends to be the words they use or the way its worded as to why.Sometimes all it takes is for one person to understand to explain it in a clearer way to someone else then they understand it.Use your common sense it wasnt meant literally!

heliguy10:
one of the drivers in my depot keeps getting high advisory fine notices from the fta feed back sheets after our driver cards have been down loaded, this time round he had over £800 worth, guess he doent really under stand the driver hours too much, should he be seeking help and or should the company be taking action against him or maybe helping him sort this out.

EDUCATION, NOT CONDEMNATION :unamused: :bulb: :question: :exclamation:

a friend of mine was up in front of beverley bell last year, he’s dyslexic, but he’ll never admit to it to his mates.
his tachos read like someone that didn’t give a [zb]. the truth was he didn’t know.
although i don’t have a lot of time for traffic commissioners, she didn’t blame him too much, she blamed his employer in a big way.
a one to one course was arranged, and he hasn’t had any problems since.

Fatboy slimslow:

heliguy10:

This applies to many aspects of life, sadly it is generally easier to write someone off than to take the trouble to help them resolve their problem.

waddy640:

Fatboy slimslow:

heliguy10:

This applies to many aspects of life, sadly it is generally easier to right someone off than to take the trouble to help them resolve their problem.

they help drug addicts stay off drugs in the hope that they will stop burgling houses, and mugging old women.