From the 1st January daylight duty in Switzerland

For information.From the First january 2014 there will be a new duty in Switzerland to drive everywhere in Switzerland with daylight.

I´m sorry that i can´t find the informations on a other page in english…i only found it on a netpage from TCS Switzerland.
http://www.tcs.ch/de/test-sicherheit/verkehrssicherheit/via-sicura/automatisches-tagfahrlicht.php

With Greetings from Germany

Just to make Silverwolve’s post a bit clearer:

From 1st January 2014 the use of daytime running lights or dipped headlights will become mandatory in Switzerland during the hours of daylight in the interests of road safety.

I use lights everywhere in Europe. Thanks for the heads up.

I think that law should be everywere including uk when you see the idiots driving in rain,snow,and fog and no lights on.
regards dave.

dafdave:
I think that law should be everywere including uk when you see the idiots driving in rain,snow,and fog and no lights on.
regards dave.

Couldnt agree more what harm can it do?

Silverwolve:
For information.From the First january 2014 there will be a new duty in Switzerland to drive everywhere in Switzerland with daylight.

I´m sorry that i can´t find the informations on a other page in english…i only found it on a netpage from TCS Switzerland.
http://www.tcs.ch/de/test-sicherheit/verkehrssicherheit/via-sicura/automatisches-tagfahrlicht.php

With Greetings from Germany

Hi Silverwolve,

Thanks for the info.

I have updated the sticky topic at the top of this forum to show the new requirement for driving with lights on in Switzerland as from 01/01/2014. :smiley:

It’s no problem that your link is in German. :wink:

Inselaffe:
Just to make Silverwolve’s post a bit clearer:

From 1st January 2014 the use of daytime running lights or dipped headlights will become mandatory in Switzerland during the hours of daylight in the interests of road safety.

I didn’t see that one coming… probably cos I didn’t have my headlights on. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley:

dafdave:
regards dave.

Let Darwinism have its way :wink:

Simon:

dafdave:
regards dave.

A bit inconvenient for the poor bugger they hit though.

Personally I’d like to see it over here as well, its not only the one that don’t have lights on at all, but the others who think parking lights are ok in marginal visibility.

muckles:

Simon:

dafdave:
regards dave.

A bit inconvenient for the poor bugger they hit though.

Fair point.