First day on the road!

Hi again,

Just a quick update from me - just had my first day out in Cat C doing multi-drop for coop in Lincolnshire, and had a great day :slight_smile: Two loads, first one this morning was 3 drops around Woodhall-Spa, Conningsby & Tattershal, this afternoon just one drop of 10 cages to Market Rasen. Truck was an old DAF (CF 65 I think) but it mattered not one jot, I’d happily drive anything right now. Looks like a regular Saturday spot for me, which works out well, as my partner is returning to work after Maternity leave.

For all the doomsday merchants out there, I passed my Cat C only 8 weeks or so ago! Apparently the Coop are good for taking new drivers, and I am happy to be out on the road at last. Just keep looking all you fellow newbies, there are opportunities if you have your eyes open :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the suppport when I was doing my training & test, I’ll update again soon.

Cheers
Steeps

Thats a thumbs up from me.Well done and stick with it.

Did a bit of co-op stuff myself back in my ‘very newbie’ days.

Are you aware that the traffic office can and will give you print-outs for your drops. They have pics of the shop, a local area map, advice on where to park, hazard warnings, etc.

I got them whenever I had a drop I had not visited before and found them a great help.

I was at Chester-le-Street but I guess they are standard throughout the network.

Good luck and carry on enjoying your work.
Alan

well done mate.

Cheers
G
(fellow newbie)

well done mate I myself have secured a job and start two weeks on Monday! Keep going all the best

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice about the drops Alan, I’ve started asking about them now, especially the ones I think will be busy - like Newark for example. Most of mine are village drops so far though :slight_smile:

Excellent news about securing the job Chris!

Just done my 3rd Saturday with Co-op, here is my rig for today

Steeps

Looks in good condition for an 03. :slight_smile: Gotta pay attention to where your nearside corner is though as you’ve got no mirror to look down it. You can do a bit with the kerbside mirror, but not much. Just something to be aware of in the tight spaces i.e car parks.

Best of luck for the future, it’s likely that they’re starting you off on easy ones then going to work up.