Felixstowe ferry trailers

Hi all,

I’m on ferry trailers this coming week, and will likely have to go into Felixstowe occasionally. Never having been here (at least for the last 30 years!), where do I go on the dock? The company should have me set up ready to go with a Rhides card, so hopefully shouldn’t have to bugger about too much with a temporary pass (at least only the first time), but need to know where to go in, where to go once I’m in etc.

All help gratefully received…

Thanks
Gary

You dont need a rhides card for ro ro, just go in gate 2 straight over ■■■■■ and follow road you will come to terminal, simples.

Thanks - been told by office from LKW Walter that you do now, as of a couple of months ago? Makes life a lot simpler if not…

Thanks
Gary

I must be out of date lol, you used to drive up to the window ( like Purfleet) hand your ticket in with trailer details you were dropping, and your collection details and they would give you a slot to drop and pickup. Used to be easy. Not used it since rhides cards were introduced for ro ro. Sure someone will along shortly with more up to date info.

You do now need a RHIDES card.

Go over the roundabout inside dock gate 2 and follow it round to the, I think, 5 lanes. There are little consoles at the end of each lane where you put your card in then use touch screen to enter reg, trailer drop off/trailer collect numbers & pin number. It then gives a print out of your trailer location.

Drive past security onto terminal, find trailer then follow signs for the exit.

Stop at the console at the exit gate and present card to the reader, if all correct then touch the yes button or such like then leave same way as you came in.

Dont forget though to present your card at out gate otherwise security at the dock gate will turn you around as you wont have completed the procedure.

Cool bananas.

Great stuff, thanks - doesn’t sound too painful!

Gary

scaniason:
Great stuff, thanks - doesn’t sound too painful!

Gary

The screens are very sensitive so make sure when you put your reg number in you chech it cos otherwise when you get to the last gate they’ll turn you round.

You’ll have to go and pick your rhides card up as you need to give your finger prints as this is what the machine reads. When your at the screens wait for all the red lights to light up before you put your hand in.

You can check to see if your trailer is in by going on the felixstowe port website and it will say something like cleared when its in, saves having to keep trying at the machine, or you’ve got the tv in the now closed cafe and that will tell you if its in.

WOW, seems like a lot has changed since I last went on the Port
I’m back on ‘boxes’ a week on Monday, not looking forward to it, lol.

Sounds tricky

I’m presuming you know you need palm coupling converters or separate lines with palms on, a spare winding handle for the legs as many trailers don’t have them and spare bulbs/lenses for the rear of the trailers as some of the older ones have these removed by the drivers.

You can be caught short on your first day on this work without the necessary!

Yes, thanks - I often do ferry trailers out of Harwich, so have this kit. This will be my first time out of FX this week though. (Got caught out with the winding handle a few weeks back!)

Gary