FAO Site admin

Last week I started a post that requested the help of my fellow truckers. I asked them to keep their eyes open for a man being sought by police in connection with a murder enquiry. All information was taken from a press link, therefore was in the public domain. The post was removed without explanation as was a subsequent post, again with no explanantion despite being asked for one. I resorted to sending a PM to Rikki, one of the site admin a few days ago but have received no response. I am mystified as to why this might happen. It wasn’t exactly a trivial matter I was posting on. I ask again now, could someone offer an explanantion for these events? FYI, a man surrendered himself to police and has been charged with murder. A link to the case is below, thank you.

newsshopper.co.uk/news/broml … children_/

I bet you’ll get a response of “we dont need to give you a reason”.

I think its always been the case with trucknet members posting untruths…they do however accept stories if there is some kind of proof as to the originality…the post above does include a newspaper report, so therefore is acceptable…i would have thought.

TiredAndEmotional:
Last week I started a post that requested the help of my fellow truckers. I asked them to keep their eyes open for a man being sought by police in connection with a murder enquiry. All information was taken from a press link, therefore was in the public domain. The post was removed without explanation as was a subsequent post, again with no explanantion despite being asked for one. I resorted to sending a PM to Rikki, one of the site admin a few days ago but have received no response. I am mystified as to why this might happen. It wasn’t exactly a trivial matter I was posting on. I ask again now, could someone offer an explanantion for these events? FYI, a man surrendered himself to police and has been charged with murder. A link to the case is below, thank you.

The post wasn’t removed, it was moved to the ‘off-topic’ section that is Bully’s Bar (I saw it there), which is where it (and the subsequent post) should have been posted to right from the start seeing as neither topic had anything to do with trucking. Whilst it’s clear the topic is of great personal interest to yourself and a subject close to your heart, the reality is that local Bromley news is of little to no interest to those members elsewhere in the country/world - even more so when it’s got nothing to do with trucks or the industry as a whole.

I had my post about Spandlers taken down. Either because the fact it’d gone into administration wasn’t public yet or because I called Jon Revis a snivelling ring piece. Who knows?

The trucknet Admins move in mysterious ways

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

To answer the OP’s question, RobK got it spot on, it’s not trucking related, so it’s in Bully’s along with all the other non trucking related topics.

claretmatt:
I had my post about Spandlers taken down. Either because the fact it’d gone into administration wasn’t public yet or because I called Jon Revis a snivelling ring piece. Who knows?

The trucknet Admins move in mysterious ways

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

You answered your own questions there, one, it was hearsay until confirmed and two, calling somebody a sniveling ring piece is not in the spirit of things here, however true it may be.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

TiredAndEmotional:

This has got absolutley nothing to do with Trucknet, trucking, or anything. It was an appeal to find a killer. Where do you wanna stop ? Lost Grandma maybe ok too, maybe lost dog not so much ? Should we keep an eye out for others on the “Mets Most Wanted” list ? You got away with posting it here. It was there long enough for you to reply to it and give the outcome…

I’m not sure exactly what your gripe is. You’ve been allowed to post off topic stuff and now the matters settled you want to complain about it ? When people like you complain about nonesensical stuff like this, it makes it harder to take anything you say seriously.

Think carefully before you post, you won’t be making anymore work for the team. You’ve got the right to post like everyone else, oh, hang on… you havn’t . If we don’t understand it, its gone. You’re already past the "cut you some slack " stage . Simple as…