Fake Britain - Tacho checks

Martin:
Interesting device fitted to that Irish truck, press a hidden switch whilst driving and all safety features disabled, tacho now shows driver at rest but speed limiter is off and he hits 100mph! And no ABS… Thats scarey :open_mouth:

OMG how did we survive without abs and speedlimiters all those years ago . Only 100 he wasn’t trying hard enough

■■■■■■■ cop ■■■■■■■■■ why should the ■■■■■■■ foreigners get away with a warning, when a Brit would get ■■■■■■, if it was a Brit abroad, the gendarme or he bag would really go to town and ■■■■ him.
Sapper

Why cant I swear on this ■■■■■■■ forum?
Sapper

sapper:
Why cant I swear on this [zb] forum?
Sapper

Because of the forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=42755

sapper:
[zb] cop [zb], why should the [zb] foreigners get away with a warning, when a Brit would get [zb], if it was a Brit abroad, the gendarme or he bag would really go to town and [zb] him.
Sapper

They don’t, Put a Romanian off for 45 hours yesterday plus £980 in fines and cable, did more digging on it today so it ended up at a calibration centre as we found dodgy sender unit, another £500 driver/company had to pay.
Whilst he was in stopped a Portuguese who had used a magnet this morning, another £980 plus 24 hours cabled up.

We do find them and deal with them

You might find them but, dealing with them might constitute another 0 on the end of those fines to bring us into line with fines encoured in the rest of Europe!!

big boots:
warning and a fine for driving with a magnet :open_mouth:

if that was an english driver he’d of got lubed up.

Aye.

A couple of things weren’t right with that program.
Firstly: The colour of the lorry was a white with light purple stripes, However, When you see the lorry in the drivers mirror, The stripes are red.
and Secondly: It was exagerated, How the hell do you get an R500 to do 100mph at 1450rpm?

What Bigboots is saying is that if an English driver used a magnet in Europe, you may pay a court deposit at the road side of 10,000 to 25,000 Euros and have the truck impounded.
If a UK driver is caught in the UK he may go to jail for fraud/forgery.
Huge fine and loss of licence.
Called in to see the Traffic Commisioner.
The foreigners caught in the Uk just pay and go.

Probably bad editing but I bet P F Whitehead are pleased it looks like they employ drivers who are prepared to run bent.
Also, if it really was 100 mph and not 100 kph, why? Surely once the vehicle goes past the speed stated on the calibration certificate nothing else is achieved by finding out the top speed. Not to mention the cameraman moving around the bunk unsecured at such a speed.

I was waiting for the DVA officer checking them Irish trucks in that raid to say, " That’s a cracker!" When he found them devices rigged to the taco heads… Then I realised it wasn’t Frank Carson :smiley:

What are HGV Tyre Speed Rating any ideas .

fingermissing:
What are HGV Tyre Speed Rating any ideas .

Tyres are speed rated with a letter on the side-wall.

This table shows truck speed ratings but the speed rating letter is the same for car tyres.

Tyre speed ratings

Who was the Irish mob they raided ?

^ some poor unfortunate

Not sure but they looked like typical paddy wagon 164s to me

Just remember boys n girls it aint only paddy that upto the old tricks. There plenty welsh,scots and english firms at the same tricks also

Wasn’t casting any nasturtiums :slight_smile: just wondered. Been out of the country a long time and don’t know most liveries… if they have one at all.

sapper:
Why cant I swear on this [zb] forum?
Sapper

Think of the ■■■■■■■ Children !

Now i no why a v8 scanny come past me like i was going backwards

Has anybody seen the speed the units go what the police use to film drivers picking their noses,i was on the a1 near donny a few year ago and i saw a silver actros in my mirror it was that far away it was near enough a dot,next thing he was at the side of me filming for a couple of seconds then he went on to the next lorry as if it had been shot out of a gun ,there was nothing on the road but trucks were not built to go that fast surely unless steve parish is behind the wheel :unamused: :unamused: