f88 in iraq

a great photo and loads more on www.toprun.ch

Ta mate yet again another good picture and yes that site you have posted is very good. their selection is one of a kind as up to know i have not fouind
anything like it,

pete have ya looked at his links page theres a couple of good one there ,transconti sweden to iran and scanny 140 denmark to kabul :laughing:

yes i have taken a look and it is a great site ,and the selection is good,

I like the transcontinentil because even now with a little re-engine and electrical wireing this is still a vehicle which you could use in todays transport ,

hello everyone
i have been reading the forums for a few weeks but have just plucked up the courage to write in.
i am anowner driver based up in alnwick, i operate a foden 4000 highline sleeper 6x4 flatbed mainly hauling concrete floor beams and seed pataoes all over the uk.the foden is a good motor with good performance.
i love the flat work very much old style but plenty of work(touch wood).
there is a picture of my mount on WAGONPICS.COM/GUESTBOOKPAGE.
I have been for along time fascinated with the m/e pioneers and have purchased a few dvds from toprun.ch spot on site.
hope i havnt bored you all too much, i feel as if i know you all just reading your messages,hope to keep posting more messages in the future.
all the best , steve

hiya steve! glad you posted, can you post a pic of your foden by any chance? glad to hear youre getting a good deal from it!

nice motor steve welcome to trucknet heres a link to a pic of your motor(hope it works) :laughing:

i followed that link carl, nice little foden! the img thing dint work, i wonder why?

oooops :laughing:

Try this one:

Thats a nice looking motor there, and welcome to the forum.

Calv

thanks mal&carl
dont really know how to put pictures up but mal i hope youve managed to get the picture off wagonpics.
i previously ran 2100 daf sixwheelers,lovely motors but a bit under powered and couldnt keep them cool.always liked the look of the big (proper) fodens so had to have it.the daf used to 15/16mpg whereas foden only does about 11/12
but what a beast.only thing is cant stop the air whistling in through door seals but its cheaper than air con!!!
speak to you all soon and thanks again for the welcome
steve

The 3000 series Foden door seals are just the same Steve. A friend of mine had one for a number of years and never managed to get a decent night’s kip because of the draughts blowing in. He was unusually happy when he got a third-hand EC12 ERF - it turned out to be because it was virtually airtight with the windows shut…

im sorry to hear youre not getting the economy steve!
is it a ■■■■■■■ in the foden?
im a bit of a ■■■■■■■ fan to be honest
but they may not be the winners in economy allways!

Welcome to Trucknet and the Old Timers, Steve. A proper Foden, very nice.

Salut, David.

steve dug:
hello everyone
i have been reading the forums for a few weeks but have just plucked up the courage to write in.
i am anowner driver based up in alnwick, i operate a foden 4000 highline sleeper 6x4 flatbed mainly hauling concrete floor beams and seed pataoes all over the uk.the foden is a good motor with good performance.
i love the flat work very much old style but plenty of work(touch wood).
there is a picture of my mount on WAGONPICS.COM/GUESTBOOKPAGE.
I have been for along time fascinated with the m/e pioneers and have purchased a few dvds from toprun.ch spot on site.
hope i havnt bored you all too much, i feel as if i know you all just reading your messages,hope to keep posting more messages in the future.
all the best , steve

Nice motor Steve, and welcome! Yes, David Smith has an excellent site there, hasn’t he? He has a few of my pics on there too.

You’re right - the m/e pioneers were a hardy bunch, and I’d love to see some photos of some of the hardiest of all, those who tackled the run in ancient British lorries. Sadly, such pics seem to be few and far between.

thanks for the warm wellcome lads.
yes mal its an L10 ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ like a train but just have to lie off the right pedal a bit, if you keep to about 50 its champion but with the only cruise control being the right hoof you just got to keep the reigns tight.
when i was younger my grandad and dad ran aecs and leylands with the ergo cab and i must admit i have a big soft spot for the old ergos.
sadly our last leyland was a bison with the fixed head 501 engine,enough said.
if only they had got that design right plus the mandatory tin rot.
i think thats why good ergo cabs are so hard to come by.
steve

the last ■■■■■■■ i drove steve was the m11 380,
it allways seemed a lot stronger than a 380
i noticed that if i used the cruise control,
it semed to bite in very well on a hill,
and leave it in top right down to 1100,
or less if near the top of the hill
it made for a very relaxed style of driving!

i like the ergo as well
drove aec mandator
buffalo’s with 511, l12 and tl11 in
bison with 500, and l12
and a marathon 250■■■■■■■
i think they were a good cab for their time
and quite attractive seeing as they were square!