Ex military only?

Carryfast:
I don’t remember the issue of alleged preferential treatment of ex services over civilian applicants for driving jobs arising in previous times.So what’s changed now and why. :confused:

I’m ex Driver R.E (Army) and I haven’t noticed any preference. Only when you go to certain websites catering for ex-Forces employment do you see adverts…a company is more interested in recent and regular experience without driving infringements than service if you ask me. That’s my experience in Scotland, but as I’m English it might be why I’m getting no joy here. :open_mouth:

nurglets:
2 out of 3 ex military drivers we had didn’t have a clue when they started, one still has trouble reversing the 6 wheelers, the other has improved. seems like they got their license as a standard routine when in the services, then never actually drove, had their adr tickets and everything.

They don’t hand out HGV licences willy nilly in the Army. We had to do six weeks training including driving just to get on the first rung of the driver trade ladder. No civvy firm does that does it. :astonished:

I can tell you all about people getting LGV licenses. I worked as an Instructor for a civilian company followed by teaching the Armed Forces many training courses including LGV.
What do you to know? There are differences.

Some right bitchy w**kers on here, is it because you failed the selection process by getting your name wrong, oh didums.

Seriously though some good some bad, exactly the same if you came from a Civi background.

duke3376:
Some right bitchy w**kers on here, is it because you failed the selection process by getting your name wrong, oh didums.

Seriously though some good some bad, exactly the same if you came from a Civi background.

Yep exactly right. Some differences in the training though, again some good and some bad on both sides.

BossHogg:

steelgoon:
You can’t really class the RAF as military !!!

More like the militant wing of the Salvation Army!!! :laughing:

Have you two military experts ever considered becoming suicide bombers in the Gobi Desert. :smiley:

steelgoon:
You can’t really class the RAF as military !!!

Penguins! only one in a million flies!