euro tunnel.....

So they put the price up and what do we get? No more refreshments and filthy seats that are crap…

Give me the ferry any day!!!

Its one for the accountants that! Just imagine what it ll be like when or if they go ahead of plans to add Caravanners to the freight mix. Most of the drivers cant manage to negotiate a roundabout before attempting the train.

Half of artic drivers struggle as well.

lightning:
Just imagine what it ll be like when or if they go ahead of plans to add Caravanners to the freight mix. Most of the drivers cant manage to negotiate a roundabout before attempting the train.

Why would they do that when they already let caravans on the tourist train?

GBPub:

lightning:
Just imagine what it ll be like when or if they go ahead of plans to add Caravanners to the freight mix. Most of the drivers cant manage to negotiate a roundabout before attempting the train.

Why would they do that when they already let caravans on the tourist train?

How would that work with their under 12 policy, lock the animals & children in the caravan■■? :stuck_out_tongue:

lightning:
Its one for the accountants that! Just imagine what it ll be like when or if they go ahead of plans to add Caravanners to the freight mix. Most of the drivers cant manage to negotiate a roundabout before attempting the train.

bigvern1:
Half of artic drivers struggle as well.

There’s a roundabout. :open_mouth: only used the train a few times but can’t recall going round one. :confused: just lots of ramp and queues. :laughing:

Yesterday saw in Folkestone Eurotunnel, there are so many lorries queues up heading to tunnel entrance ticket booking booths - huge tailback back to M20 exitslip around 4pm? what happens? Rush hours time or slow service?

Betz:
Yesterday saw in Folkestone Eurotunnel, there are so many lorries queues up heading to tunnel entrance ticket booking booths - huge tailback back to M20 exitslip around 4pm? what happens? Rush hours time or slow service?

Probably something to do with the weather on the channel…been 5+ hour hold up since Wednesday at Dover so everyone has had the bright idea of going on euro tunnel instead…

i don’t know why people bother with it. i use the ferry every time, much more civilised and relaxing.

limeyphil:
i don’t know why people bother with it. i use the ferry every time, much more civilised and relaxing.

Because (thanks to Dieseldave for clarifying things and finding the right person to talk to :smiley: ) they let me on the train when I’m carrying petrol, no chance of getting on a passenger ferry out of Dover with any quantity of petrol.
Although I would prefer to use the ferry. :smiley:

Betz:

Could never work out why there are delays on “Le sheetle” when its windy :confused:

Suedehead:

Betz:

Could never work out why there are delays on “Le sheetle” when its windy :confused:

Because people head for the train in case of potential sea delays :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

billybigrig:

Suedehead:

Betz:

Because people head for the train in case of potential sea delays :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

But how does the wind. . sorry its called “adverse weather” now,cause delays on the train?
Also when i used to use it,what they called “technical problems” usually meant there were a load of rag heads walking through the tunnel. :imp:

Suedehead:

billybigrig:

Suedehead:

Betz:

But how does the wind. . sorry its called “adverse weather” now,cause delays on the train?

When the ferries don’t run or are delayed people still need and want to cross the channel. More people use the train, causing congestion and delays.

Understandy now? :wink:

mucker85:

Suedehead:

billybigrig:

Suedehead:

Betz:

When the ferries don’t run or are delayed people still need and want to cross the channel. More people use the train, causing congestion and delays.

Understandy now? :wink:

No not really.
imo it seems that the train has never been capable of dealing with running at or near full capacity.