EU / UK regulations

I’m wondering how does it work with your authorities: can a british driver pick up and deliver in continental europe, or only from / to the UK ? E.g. one goes with a load from the UK to , say, Germany, then picks up over there a load going to, say, Belgium, and then goes back to the UK ?
Over here a canadian driver working for a canadian carrier can not pick up in the states and deliver in the states. Only to and from Canada.
I’m wondering how is it for you guys ?

yes we can do what you have asked as the EU HAS RULED CABOTAGE IS ALLOWED: YOU may have say a hauler comeing out of GB with a load for poland which he delivers and drives from poland with a load to
belgian,where upon after dropping this load he gets a further reload for GB
and so goes home.

Thank you sir, I appreciate it.

This is a big problem for UK companies who only operate within the UK, as foreign hauliers are allowed to enter the UK with very cheap fuel carried in huge tanks, paying no road tax as the UK hauliers have to and running domestic loads around the UK under cutting UK hauliers at very low rates.
Of course, UK based inernational hauliers have a similar advantage, execpt may be the expected wage rate of the driver.
:laughing: editted due to typing without my glasses on! :laughing: