End of the driver CPC?

EU Driver CPC consultation
CPT’s Director of Policy, Steven Salmon, has been in Brussels again this week at the EU Social Dialogue Committee at the Road Transport Sector. He tells us that the Commission will be running a consultation over the summer with a view to amending — or even repealing — the Driver CPC Directive. As well as going over details such as the scope for more use of simulators and the role of e learning, respondents will be able to assess whether the Directive has achieved its aims or, indeed, added any value at all to the job of being a road transport driver or to the industries that make a living on the highway.

Steven suggested the consultation should include a question on whether the Directive had affected competition between the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors. A representative from Unite made a strong and simple case that the driver CPC added cost to drivers and employers and benefited only the training industry. He was particularly angry over the position coming up in the UK next year where agency truck drivers (who pay for their own training) will have their licences suspended if they have not completed five days’ training, while Belgian drivers who compete with them on British roads can carry on working for another two years. He was told to complain to his Member State (ie the UK) about its implementation policy.

courtesy of CPT Newsline

Typical.

And what about us silly arses that have already shelled out?

well im now a taxi driver and we are being forced into NVQ2 or Btec2 in…taxi driving, £700 courses that take 3 to 6 months

Do I need to take/pass a driver CPC to drive a 7.5tonner?

I have no digital tacho card yet

This was on a driver training website

I passed my test (car) 40+ years ago and have C group and drove 7.5tonners for ten years but not since 2010

(People who passed their car driving test before January 1997 will Already have this Category on their driving licence).

They will Also be exempt from taking Modules 2&4 of the Driver CPC.

dockspotter:
Do I need to take/pass a driver CPC to drive a 7.5tonner?

I have no digital tacho card yet

This was on a driver training website

I passed my test (car) 40+ years ago and have C group and drove 7.5tonners for ten years but not since 2010

(People who passed their car driving test before January 1997 will Already have this Category on their driving licence).

They will Also be exempt from taking Modules 2&4 of the Driver CPC.

You have acquired rights until 10th September2014, but you will need to complete 35 hours periodic training if you wish to drive LGVs commercially after 10th September 2014.

After 09/09/2014 it will be easier to say …

All commercially driven PCVs and LGVs require the driver to carry a valid DQC (driver cpc card)

cheers

how hard is it? is it classroom or driving?

It’s not hard at all - there is no exam or pass/fail grading during the session. You simply have to attend for the required hours (minimum of 7.5 hours for each session). The vast majority of courses on offer are classroom/discussion centred. You could even do the same session several times if you really wanted to.

no test, no pass, no fail, no driver supervision or driving test

just jaw jaw…

arent we lucky

Phew… £468…

You have until September 2014 to complete it, we offer 1 day courses (7 hours) and you will need 5 of these, they are currently on offer (buy one get one free) £117.00 will get you 2 courses (14 hours) this also includes the DSA Registration fee.

I am on a zero hour contract on nmw (it suits me) ,some weeks I may only get one days work . I am now asking myself "can I afford to go to work " :frowning:

dockspotter:

You have until September 2014 to complete it, we offer 1 day courses (7 hours) and you will need 5 of these, they are currently on offer (buy one get one free) £117.00 will get you 2 courses (14 hours) this also includes the DSA Registration fee.

That’s not the cheapest but it is cheaper than some training companies, where is it ?

Central Transport Training - Fox’s Lane, Wolverhampton. WV1 1PA

cheaper?

driverscpc.org/portal/alias_ … fault.aspx

dockspotter:
cheaper?

nope - work out the all in cost and ask if there is a minimum amount of drivers needed

Many courses out there for £50 or less all inclusive without high minimum driver numbers

ROG:

dockspotter:
cheaper?

nope - work out the all in cost and ask if there is a minimum amount of drivers needed

Many courses out there for £50 or less all inclusive without high minimum driver numbers

just in case I end up paying myself…can you post a link?

cheers

dockspotter:

ROG:

dockspotter:
cheaper?

just in case I end up paying myself…can you post a link?

cheers

Just call a few providers and ask for the all inclusive price of a 7 hour classroom course

hang on…please

so i only need the ONE 7 hour day class for my card cos im old…lol

No, you need to have done 5 days of CPC training before 1/9/14 if you want to carry on driving professionally. It must be in minimum 7 hour blocks so in reality you end up doing 35 hours over 5 days.