End of an Era

Just to let users know that I was informed today that Pete Holland sadly passed away last Friday.

Pete was a popular figure at the truckfests and supplied many of the truckstops with truck accessories along with owning the Truck Stop Shop on the Jct of the A428 and the M1 in the service area.

Needless to say, my sympathy’s go out to Petes family and as one of the longest suppliers of Truck Accessories, he will be sadly missed for his humour and kindness.

i second your sympathies

Did not know the gentlemen
but my deepest sympathies to the family.

Please pass on my sympathies to his family and friend’s Davey. :cry: Sad news indeed.

Davey Driver:
Pete was a popular figure owning the Truck Stop Shop on the Jct of the A428 and the M1 in the service area

Did he work in the shop, i some times get bits and peaces from there, well stocked and conveinient.
Sounds like he had foresight to move into that business, and do it so well.

My sympathies go to his family.

Pete often spent time in there but I think Helka his wife ran the shop most, over the past couple of years. Pete’s range of products carried the yellow Truck Shop label and included items such as the big red kettle.

is that the truck place at junction 13 of the m1, where the cafe is and the ids truck fuel station?
was he the guy with the bald head?
what happened?

sympathies to the family anyway.

As far as I’m aware it was a massive Heart Attack, Pete was short and stocky and very thin on top aged around 65 ish.

[I was informed of Petes death while I was at the Eastern Truck Show in Kent. Pete and his granddaughter were due at that venue that weekend. I have been a friend of Pete for some 20years and have seen his grandaughter Lucy grow up, she was always with Pete, climbing up the poles to put the sheets on to his stand and then help set out the stall etc. Petes stand was always next to mine at all the shows, ( Lady Truckers Club) and I will miss him and the times when we closed down in the evening & shared the glass of wine etc and put the world to rights. I will rememeber Pete with fond affection and I extend my heartfelt sympathy to his wife and family. Danneke[/b]

I did not know him personally either but do know the shop and send my deepest sympathies to family and friends.