East coast containers

can someone please pm me an average rate for 45 ft containers from Immingham area to the north west and empty back been offered some work and am trying to work out how much is been taken off the rate don’t want company names just an average rate please

anyone please !

Ive only ever done local container work and 3 years ago the round trip worked out at 1.40 a mile

sorry is that rate for local work or east to northwest and back east again all it is ive been offered a small amount of work but its a transport co to a transport co then me am just trying to work out if there been fair or taking a large chunk off for doing nothing

It was just M,bro to Leeds and back empty to the dock which was also subbed off another transport company, the round trip worked out at £1.39 a mile which i didnt think was too bad for what was involved

Depends wether it’s regular work or a few here’s and their’s. Is it one a day or two a day, year round, 5 per week, ten per week. How much waiting is involved, is it drop & swap, how much weight? Too many variables to answer your question, we need specifics.

Like as has been said £1.40 is the usual rate for all miles on container traction. You may get up to £1.70 if you are a large transport firm pulling for another large firm or the rate for direct container line work would be £1.60-2.50 odd unless maritime have destroyed the market.

I am not familiar with the posh end of the container market direct for a shipping line.

Silver_Surfer:
(…)maritime have destroyed the market.(…)

This will be even worst:

“Waberer’s establishes British subsidiary
Felixstowe (Suffolk, UK), Budapest (Hungary) 16 October, 2014 — Waberer’s, one of Europe’s leading road transport operators has established a subsidiary in Felixstowe.”

dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuter … rowth.html

Drivers,and hauliers in France, Netherlands…etc they already protesting against Waberer’s

facebook.com/pages/Anti-Wab … 98?fref=ts

facebook.com/waberer?fref=ts

facebook.com/pages/Les-chau … 15?fref=ts

This is coming here too : ((((

N0rbert:

Silver_Surfer:
(…)maritime have destroyed the market.(…)

This will be even worst:

“Waberer’s establishes British subsidiary
Felixstowe (Suffolk, UK), Budapest (Hungary) 16 October, 2014 — Waberer’s, one of Europe’s leading road transport operators has established a subsidiary in Felixstowe.”

dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuter … rowth.html

Drivers,and hauliers in France, Netherlands…etc they already protesting against Waberer’s

facebook.com/pages/Anti-Wab … 98?fref=ts

facebook.com/waberer?fref=ts

facebook.com/pages/Les-chau … 15?fref=ts

wondering how big will be the impact for UK hauliers / rates

N0rbert:

Fair point but were not Willi Betz pulling out of the Toyota place at Derby with British-registered units over seven years ago? Think it all went pear shaped for them in the end though!

I guess it will all depend what nationalities are driving driving. If there paying there"european" rates then were all doomed. I certainly cant live on €300-600 a month.

Nothing changes, been hearing this sort of thing since the 70s, there have always been company’s appearing on the scene ( both foreign and uk based ) who come in with big ideas and cheap rates and end up going t*ts up. And lo and behold the work is still there and nothing much really changes.,.,