E40 Brussels

Does anyone know if the E40 eastbound has reopened at Aalst yet saw it was still shut at lunchtime today and am heading that way again in the morning. Thanks

My mate from Zeebrugge says there is a gas leak and may not be open till Sunday afternoon .

Yes it is a gas leak.
Drove down the E40 on Tuesday evening and to be honest I had one of the quickest journeys I’ve ever done to Aalst,by nipping off at jcn17 for Wetteren and then heading down the N9 I missed everything,never got stuck or slowed down for anything,I was gobsmacked how quiet the road was.
A Mate if mine got stuck in it for over 2hrs by carrying on past jcn 17,saw the traffic for myself on Wednesday morning as I came back out of aalst,it was a good 15km worth of standing traffic.

was reopened by the time I went up thankfuly

It was a nightmare on wednesday i was loading in aalst i left veurne at 0645 got to aalst at 1315 got a clear run upto about 5mile from n45that last 5m took me over 5hrs the prob was as they were putting up the sound proofing metal sheets up a digger ruptured a gas main

jase:
Yes it is a gas leak.
Drove down the E40 on Tuesday evening and to be honest I had one of the quickest journeys I’ve ever done to Aalst,by nipping off at jcn17 for Wetteren and then heading down the N9 I missed everything,never got stuck or slowed down for anything,I was gobsmacked how quiet the road was.
A Mate if mine got stuck in it for over 2hrs by carrying on past jcn 17,saw the traffic for myself on Wednesday morning as I came back out of aalst,it was a good 15km worth of standing traffic.

did the same and the n9 was dead apart for a 5 min hold up at the lights with the road works on em . one of ours lost 4 hours sticking with it and was sent of down the n45 towards ninove