DVLA mess up

DVLA ■■■■ up not for me but for a friend, he sent his licence in for some points to be added in jan 2011 only to find out after 4 months that they had removed his C & C+E cats by mistake he has sent off the form D2 ? to be put back on but that was 3 weeks ago and still no sign of it■■?.

Any one out here know how long it takes

Taa muchley

Regular occurence with motorbike categories. Loadsa people lost their bike licence when they upgraded to photo cards…

Gotta love the efficiency

steveig:
DVLA ■■■■ up not for me but for a friend, he sent his licence in for some points to be added in jan 2011 only to find out after 4 months that they had removed his C & C+E cats by mistake he has sent off the form D2 ? to be put back on but that was 3 weeks ago and still no sign of it■■?.

From what I’ve heard it’s not so much a case of how long it will take for the the categories to be put back on the license but more a case of will they be put back on.

I wish your friend luck.

tachograph:

steveig:

From what I’ve heard it’s not so much a case of how long it will take for the the categories to be put back on the license but more a case of will they be put back on.

I wish your friend luck.

What do you mean will? they cant lawfully remove a Cat and not put it back on unless it is for valid reasons ie given up, medical reasons … As long as he is entitled to get it back he will, he passed his tests… however I would like to know where he stands if he is driving a Class one or two without the entitlement on his licence … I would get him to put it in writing to DVLA advising them of this and also to put on his file that he does still drive just incase he is involved in an Accident (if employed as adriver let his TM no at his company) and you get a young know it all copper who doesnt realise and tries to stick it on him for driving a vehicle whilst not in accordance of his licence.

discoman:
What do you mean will? they cant lawfully remove a Cat and not put it back on unless it is for valid reasons ie given up, medical reasons … As long as he is entitled to get it back he will, he passed his tests…

Correct but actually getting them to do so is a different matter as they don’t accept any proof of entitlement apart from a licence which of course doesn’t show it. Personnally I’d forget any ideas of driving a class 1 / 2 without the entitlement being on the licence.

you are correct, but he still has his pass date and if it was after a certain time he will have his pass certificate number, when I passed mine I didnt get to keep the certificate so I took photocopies before sending them whih I can send to them as proof of passing if tehy did take it off however I have just renewed my licence and my C C=E and D are still on mine agreed you wont be driving without entitlement on licence make sure you keep on at DVLA

discoman:

tachograph:

steveig:

I wish your friend luck.

What do you mean will? they cant lawfully remove a Cat and not put it back on unless it is for valid reasons ie given up, medical reasons … As long as he is entitled to get it back he will, he passed his tests… however I would like to know where he stands if he is driving a Class one or two without the entitlement on his licence … I would get him to put it in writing to DVLA advising them of this and also to put on his file that he does still drive just incase he is involved in an Accident (if employed as adriver let his TM no at his company) and you get a young know it all copper who doesnt realise and tries to stick it on him for driving a vehicle whilst not in accordance of his licence.

There have been cases where people have had to re-take a test and lost categories because of DVLA blunders, Google “DVLA Watchdog”.

discoman:
he still has his pass date and if it was after a certain time he will have his pass certificate number

You seem to have more information than is published in this thread, the op hasn’t said anything about the friend having his/her pass date or certificate number, though as far as I can see it’s debatable how much use it would be anyway.
I couldn’t tell you the date I passed the car test or the date I passed the HGV test and I imagine I’m probably not the only one who hasn’t kept that information :wink:

steveig:
DVLA ■■■■ up not for me but for a friend, he sent his licence in for some points to be added in jan 2011

A licence is normally surrendered to the court who add the points and inform the DVLA which is why they’re handwritten and are only printed if the licence is updated while the points are still active.

I do not have a clue who this mate of a mate is, I know what dates I passed my test is not really hard is it … I am sure you know roughly what date to the month and year and what test centre etc. not hard to work out.