Dvd/tv/pc player

Hi guys, can any recommend me one of the above. Fortunately nights out are minimal but after doing my first one the other night i found myself bored to tears so im looking for some form of in cab entertaiment on an evening(perhaps could have worded that better :wink: )I have two ports/sockets in my motor, 12v and 24v so any ideas are much appreciated…thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

I have a laptop, got that free with a mobile phone upgrade - had to do 24 month, get a crap phone and costs £25/month

2 different pay as you go broadband things - vodafone and 3 - covers most areas - check ebay for best prices on these

A usb freeview/analogue tv receiver for laptop - £14 ebay

A decent aerial to stick on side of unit - £17 amazon

150w inverter - 12v, £18 amazon

That covers the lot, have got broadband internet, freeview if I can get it or analogue if signal bad, dvd player from laptop and BBC iplayer loaded with all the TV programmes I missed last week (download tv shows at home if you have broadband).

All in all cost was £100

Hope that helps

Matt

I just have a portable dvd player and plug in for the cigar lighter. 2 movies per night, an ideal way to nod off!

You can watch live TV on a lappy, tvcatchup.com/ others are available

laptop with mobile broadband, and a tv receiver dongle and aerial, just about covers most evenings, also just bought an arrow word book just in case.

bigvern1:
I just have a portable dvd player and plug in for the cigar lighter. 2 movies per night, an ideal way to nod off!

My ciggie lighter is 24 volts would that not cook the dvd player■■? I have a dvd player but am a bit reluctant to plug it in… Thanks for all replies everyone…

All i use now is my laptop for dvds, TV and t,net…it only costs £15 per month, thats with 3. no aerial for the tv just use i player and all the other channels that are free…at least I get Neighbours everyday now… :wink:

mr lordi:

bigvern1:

My ciggie lighter is 24 volts would that not cook the dvd player■■? I have a dvd player but am a bit reluctant to plug it in… Thanks for all replies everyone…

Look on the white sticker on the plug, it will either say 12v in which case it will fry, or 12/24v in which case it will be fine.

Harry Monk:

mr lordi:

bigvern1:

Get a voltage dropper…24 down to 12! :wink:

Look on the white sticker on the plug, it will either say 12v in which case it will fry, or 12/24v in which case it will be fine.