Dumfries truck photos

ben walker:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hello Ben, Baxters only had 3 eight wheeler Atkis at that time , so perhaps it was one of them, The regs were as follows, PGR251,SBR655,& 645NVK If this is of any help, The good old days as you say when drivers would help each other out, Regards Larry.

Hello Lawerence.
must have got my Years wrong the old memory has faded a bit didnt they have Beavers at sometime .

Ben.

No they never had any Leylands at all The only 8 wheeler with a Leyland Type cad was the Albion Caledonion 993DBB, Regards Larry.

Nothing wrong with the memory Lawrence rattling them reg. numbers out like it was yesterday. Eddie.

captmarvel:
right it was watford gap early 80’s

thanks larry for the info.

Shoddy parking wherever it is . . room for a few more in there.

nae need for pretty parking on a sunday, only daft jocks working,

a few more photos added from dumfries truck photos page,

latest hayton coulthard photos posted on

facebook.com/dumfriestruckphotos

33555_152949798078758_96062_n.jpg

Jimmy Scott photos from Donna M Rodgers

another dumfries truck

a new page T C BROWN & CO on facebook.

facebook.com/groups/660587050630753/#

Just posted on the request for Caledonian fleet photos.
This is an unusually untidy Dumfries SRS vehicle awaiting a backload at NEBRS Darlington.

captmarvel:
a new page T C BROWN & CO on facebook.

facebook.com/groups/660587050630753/#

T C Brown was quite bizarre they had top of the range Scania’s 141’s/142’s and Leyland day cabs, a truly cracking fleet though. How many vehicles would you say they had?

amerindo i don’t know but i have posted the question on the T C BROWN page to find out.

the answer was in 1979 they had 22 trucks.

captmarvel:
the answer was in 1979 they had 22 trucks.

Thanks, more then I thought, my guess was 10-12. I was told they were owned by a farmer, once Carnation closed they packed in selling out to Curries.

The Dumfries Truck Photos page Has Moved To A Closed Group.
Caused By One Muppet.

facebook.com/groups/564770760272288/

This Time You Have To Join To See The Page.
there was no other way, i could not ban him, so i had no other choice than to close the open page that any one could see. And Create a New closed group page.

Ahh well that’s that knackered then, I tried Facebook and didn’t like it and I don’t think I will be alone in that, The number of views will drop now methinks. Eddie.

erfguy:
Ahh well that’s that knackered then, I tried Facebook and didn’t like it and I don’t think I will be alone in that, The number of views will drop now methinks. Eddie.

theres being a nuclear war with them all falling out

new Modern Dumfries Truck Photos Page Here.
facebook.com/ModernDumfriesTruckPhotosgroup
this page is open for anyone to view.