Driving Licence Issue Number

yourhavingalarf:
85…

No way I’ve been issued 85 licences.

Icendentally, I’ve noticed mine says cat A motor cycle licence. I’ve never taken a bike test in my life. Why does my licence appear to say I have?

I noticed this on mine recently and was puzzled as I too have never passed a motorbike test, but if you look into it more closely there is a restriction code which means basically that you are only licensed to ride trikes, not two-wheeled motorcycles.

Harry Monk:

simcor:

jbaz73:
62, wtf?

Pfft try 93 like me see above though it seems it may not accurately reflect your amount of licences actually issued at all.

Mine shows 93 on my license and online but I know I have not had 93 licences issued.

Yes, it seems a bit strange, Tachograph has said he is on issue number 06, but provisional car, full car, provisional HGV and full HGV would take that up to 04 on their own. I don’t know how old Tachgraph is, but the renewal at 45 would take it up to 05, and most people have changed address at least a couple of times.

Mine says 12.But that’s definitely only provisional car/full car/provisional HGV/full class 2/full class 1/then the change from seperate car licence and HGV book type to all inclusive paper type and one change of address and didn’t bother to renew my HGV at 45. :confused:

I was once told by a traffic constable, it’s the amount of people with the same name, mine is 9.

biggriffin:
I was once told by a traffic constable, it’s the amount of people with the same name, mine is 9.

Well, that is obviously a traffic constable who has ambitions to sit around spouting ■■■■■■■■ in Tesco waiting rooms then, I’m the only person in the world with my combination of forename and surname.

Harry Monk:
Yes, it seems a bit strange, Tachograph has said he is on issue number 06, but provisional car, full car, provisional HGV and full HGV would take that up to 04 on their own. I don’t know how old Tachgraph is, but the renewal at 45 would take it up to 05, and most people have changed address at least a couple of times.

I hadn’t worked it out myself but now you put it like that it doesn’t seem right, I had a provisional motorbike licence before a car licence to, it should be about 09 I think :confused:

I was told the same as biggriffin in the past. reason I asked plod was when I lived at home before leaving the uk wae my oldies my old boy needed a medical for his trailer licence at 70yrs old lol,it came back wae class1 etc (same as mine :smiley: ) old boy lost his entitlement in his late 50s after angina. told him he should o done a run for old times sake.

Mine is 62 so I’m at a loss to explain it

simcor:

Franglais:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/660862/ins57p-information-on-driving-licences.pdf
Page three.
E: This is the licence issue number which will increase
by one with every licence issued. This is not part
of the driver number.
That`s from the DVLA themselves.

I`m on 25.

Can you account for 25 licence changes off the top of your head?

Easily…
I`m an old ■■■■.

yourhavingalarf:
85…

No way I’ve been issued 85 licences.

Incidentally, I’ve noticed mine says cat A motor cycle licence. I’ve never taken a bike test in my life. Why does my licence appear to say I have?

A few years ago they kept messing up !! Adding entitlement or removing them .
My mate passed his car and bike test within a week now he car drive everything (full list) !!!
He questioned it and they said it’s all real :-0

Franglais:

simcor:

Franglais:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/660862/ins57p-information-on-driving-licences.pdf
Page three.
of the driver number.

I`m on 25.

Easily…
I`m an old ■■■■.

Mine, at 15, would seem about right. Four to get to HGV1, three licence renewals since hitting 45, and eight addresses. But other folks’ numbers don’t tally with their experiences.

Wheel Nut 3:
Mine is 62 so I’m at a loss to explain it

I wonder if we are namesakes?

Franglais:

simcor:

Franglais:
Page three.
of the driver number.

I`m on 25.

Easily…
I`m an old ■■■■.

What classes as an old ■■■■?

I’m 40 had provisional since 1994 but there is no way my licence has been updated 93 times in 22 years physical impossibility.

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

simcor:

Franglais:
Page three.
of the driver number.

I`m on 25.

Easily…
I`m an old ■■■■.

Mine, at 15, would seem about right. Four to get to HGV1, three licence renewals since hitting 45, and eight addresses. But other folks’ numbers don’t tally with their experiences.

M/cycle
Car
HGV 1
Ten or so addresses.
One in Aosta…dont ask.. Two stolen Age renewals. Updated when applied for Haz because photo was too old. So, thats 20 off the top of my head.
I had an endorsement a while back, and have since lost it so that`ll be two more.
25 seems believable in my case.

74!! :confused: :confused:

Edit… I just checked the “old” paper licence that I kept a copy of and its says issue number 74A! Any ideas?? :confused:

simcor:

Franglais:

simcor:

Franglais:
Page three.
of the driver number.

I`m on 25.

Easily…
I`m an old ■■■■.

I’m 40 had provisional since 1994 but there is no way my licence has been updated 93 times in 22 years physical impossibility.

Gotta agree with you, that number seems excessive. 3 or 4 issues a year!
As a driver you do realise that every lay-by you park in doesn`t count as a new address?

Sorry. :smiley:

My paper counterpart is issue 49A. I have scince taken C, then C+E. My plastic card is issue 50.

Franglais:

simcor:

Franglais:

simcor:

Franglais:
Page three.
of the driver number.

I`m on 25.

Easily…
I`m an old ■■■■.

Gotta agree with you, that number seems excessive. 3 or 4 issues a year!
As a driver you do realise that every lay-by you park in doesn`t count as a new address?

Sorry. :smiley:

Very good. I have moved house a lot since I was 18 more than most people but not enough times to make it 93 issues lol

Mine says 10, which appears to fall in line with test passes and changes of address (initial issue, motorbike, car, Class C then Class C+E, 4x changes of address and one renewal to get shot of expired endorsements).

96 currently, still have my last green paper licence which was 95A.

Alas I’m only on 14