Driving jobs around exeter

i have just moved to crediton would like to find job in devon i have held class 1 hgv for 20 years can anybody help :question:

Best of luck finding work. I am not far up M5 from you and there is sod all about

There’s naff all work in this part of the country (I’m about 30 minutes from Exeter), nonetheless good luck and keep looking, you never know;)

Tiger

Google Backline logistics they have jobs listed on their web site and are in Exeter hope this helps

Unfortunately they promise the earth and deliver nothing, their ‘latest’ newsletter (6 months old) sums up what to expect (see cartoon bottom of newsletter).

backlinelogistics.co.uk/cont … %20_4_.pdf

Tiger.

Fastrantiger:
Unfortunately they promise the earth and deliver nothing, their ‘latest’ newsletter (6 months old) sums up what to expect (see cartoon bottom of newsletter).

backlinelogistics.co.uk/cont … %20_4_.pdf

Tiger.

They are an agency aren’t they? :confused:

Presume you’ve tried Dave Pollard, Gregory’s etc?

Evans?

Harry, gregor’s only take on through Recruitment Solutions rsuk.biz which means they can keep the one’s they want and ditch them they don’t. i spoke to rsuk and the bloke was sound and gave me sensible advice.

misterg are you picky what you do? do you need full time employment? have you got any machine tickets?

Hello Mr G, and welcome to the forum!

Not very many opportunities down here I’m afraid.

However Sainsburys are hopefully opening an RDC at the new Exeter Gateway Park this year. It’s not a definite and I don’t know who would be running it but if it happens, it would create a lot of desperately needed jobs in this part of the world.

sean2932:
Google Backline logistics they have jobs listed on their web site and are in Exeter hope this helps

which branch do you work for ?

There are one or two feed mills round that area; you might also try to get onto milk tankers if you don’t mind funny hours and farm collections.

been told morrisons are still despart for drivers at highbridge,my brother in law walked straight into a job there, so might be worth a call :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Did your brother in law have the golden 2 years exp. I spoke to ADR who who say they are the agents who deal with Morrisons and told me no as I have no exp.

dar1976:
Did your brother in law have the golden 2 years exp. I spoke to ADR who who say they are the agents who deal with Morrisons and told me no as I have no exp.

yeah use to be on reefers for langdons a few years ago, just gone back driving again after a break from it, only does 3 nights a week but clears over £300 a week, which is all he want’s :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

i do have bulk powder experince where abouts is bocm pauls :question: i am presently working for containerlift in southampton working a sidelifter been there 5 years have experence of most trailers worked for turners of soham as foreman driver on the terminal 5 project also have level 2 nvq in forklift truck operation and warehousing and distribution also worked for saints transport driving abroad and uk with low loaders box trailers fridges and curtainsiders

BOCM are on Sowton Ind Est. Hope this helps. Wink.

gregor’s only take on through Recruitment Solutions rsuk.biz which means they can keep the one’s they want and ditch them they don’t. i spoke to rsuk and the bloke was sound and gave me sensible advice.

Gregory’s put vacancies on their website ( not tried applying for one though)

gdl.uk.com/recruitment.asp

not much there atm but maybe worth keeping an eye on it !

gnasty gnome:
you might also try to get onto milk tankers if you don’t mind funny hours and farm collections.

that will be Gregory’s too ! ( Cullompton )