Drivers CPC And DSA

Good morning.

Registering with the DSA (Driver Standards Agency) has anyone else done it?
For me it was a nightmare, the security words you have to type are so confusing it took me 30 minuets’ about 20 attempts’ just to register.
They then send you out a password, but you have to use the cryptic security words all over again, each time you want to log in to your account, I lost the will to live last night, but eventually did get in only to find all the hours I have banked will be wiped of the system on 9-09-2014 and its looking like I will have to start paying out again.
I thought it was that you had to have 35 hours by 2014. I am writing to them today, will let you know what they say.

On another note, a big thanks to Dave for the great ADR course!

Patrick

That would be correct you have to have done 35hrs by Sept 2014 to keep driving commercially. From then you have to start all over again because you have to another 35hrs by 2019

patrick6822:
Good morning.

Registering with the DSA (Driver Standards Agency) has anyone else done it?
For me it was a nightmare, the security words you have to type are so confusing it took me 30 minuets’ about 20 attempts’ just to register.
They then send you out a password, but you have to use the cryptic security words all over again, each time you want to log in to your account, I lost the will to live last night, but eventually did get in only to find all the hours I have banked will be wiped of the system on 9-09-2014 and its looking like I will have to start paying out again.
I thought it was that you had to have 35 hours by 2014. I am writing to them today, will let you know what they say.

On another note, a big thanks to Dave for the great ADR course!

Patrick

Hi patrick,
You are right about the security words i have had problems too.
I finished my last 7 hr module at 16.30 yesterday and just checked DSA all uploaded OK now
until 09/09/2019 just to wait for card.
Cheers Malc.

Patrick by 2014 you will have completed 35 hrs training and will recieve your drivers card that will be valid until 2019, your banked hours will be wiped as soon as you recieve your drivers card. Yes you will start all over again inorder to bank 35hrs by 2019 so that you can recieve a new drivers card valid until 2024. This is how I understand it, i hope I am correct.

I will try to find an answer to this …

Driver with aquired rights does 28 hours of dcpc in 2012 but does antoher type of job until 2016 when they decide to take up lgv driving again

Now, their ghost dcpc card DQC expired on 09/09/2014 but should they lose those 28 hours which are still within 5 years of doing the final 7 hours in 2016 ■■?

I reckon those hours should stil be valid and on completion of the final 7 hours a DQC should be issued expiring in 2021

But I will find out !!