Driver vacancies

Since when do u have to pay through truck & driver magazine to place an add in driver vacancy section■■?
No wonder the section only has few adds in it ?!!

And the people who they’ve ‘partnered’ with couldn’t tell one end of a truck from another. I was looking for a driver with LHD experience and had to explain what that was to the dope on the phone.

The Vacancy section here used to be quite useful both for finding and offering work but alas no more.

Found several drivers on there in past
Won’t bother now
Far easier to post on many Facebook sites

What Facebook site are these? I were thinkin on advertising in the local rag …

I too have been given work off this site. It’s not worth looking anymore.

So where are the best places to find work online or in paper/magazine now? ■■

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

A lot of drivers I know use indeed , I’m sure it’s free to advertise on there.

I agree, the driver vacancies section was really good what a shame it’s gone.RIP

There are some very fair and accurate comments made so far, but there are also some inaccuracies.

Firstly, it’s fair to point out that we’re discussing TWO different forums, so it’s possible that some people might have missed that.

Driver Vacancies Forum:
DRIVER VACANCIES (Members Only)
A Post and Read only forum for forum members to alert other members of any vacancies at their own place of work.

So, YES there’s a restriction.

Driver Vacancies Forum also:
Also for drivers to advertise themselves as available for work

There is NO restriction on drivers advertising themselves as available for work.

================================

Jobs from Truck & Driver/Logistics Job Shop

…is a commercial arrangement, which helps TN to keep the TN forums cost-free for members to use.

The sticky topic at the top of that forum explains…

===============================

I’d also just mention that this has been the situation for quite some time, whilst completely agreeing that there are quite a number of other avenues for bosses to advertise for drivers AND/OR drivers to look for work.