Driver sat navs

hi guys/gals

newby here (yep another :wink: ) recently passed my C+E and doing the rounds looking for work
cv/coverletters/emails/phone calls etc . bit slow at moment so really just biding my time and
keeping my fingers crossed . so while i am in a limbo of sorts i’m trying to be prepared . i’m
thinking of investing in a sat nav for hgv drivers , and before i part with my ever depleting
savings was hoping for any info/tips/advice before i choose.

i.e best ones , best place to buy , are they worth it and all that .

thanks in advance :smiley:

I bought the Snooper 7000 online. Best purchase I ever made. Certainly not cheap but when you think about what a driver has to actualy fork out compared to other trades it isn’t all that bad.
Obviously cheaper ones are available but the 7" screen makes routes much easier to see, and theres the added advantage of the telly for any delays (assuming you can get a signal).

Can of worms this…we’ll have the traditionalists telling us buy a map… :grimacing:

I also have a Snooper S7000. Used it a lot and it’s always done the job very well. You can save different sizes/weights of truck if you drive a mixture of vehicles. The TV is a bonus too, and generally, now the digital thing is happening, tv signals will be a bit stronger so you should have no bother.

Not great value but reasonable. If it was £100 cheaper it’d be a bargain but you can’t have everything. :sunglasses:

I’d definitely get a SatNav if I were you,but i’d also invest in some decent truck map as well…

Another one here With an S7000

Highly recommended. It isnt fool proof and i still like to double check with a map, but itll pick out the bridges to avoid, 7.5t areas and you can plan mulitdrops on it (up to 15 i think) and it’ll route it the fastest way.

Built in TV can be handy if waiting about, and a booster aerial to plug in back helps sometimes.

Its not the cheapest but you usually get What you pay for.

It also includes speed camera alerts etc and real time traffic reports and routing.

Ben

if you can live without the TV the Snooper S6000 is the same machine but a bit cheaper…

Hi mate I bought this ebay.co.uk/itm/2-1-TRUCK-7-H … 1e68b82536

cant fault it at all :smiley: I bought the 5’’ one at first and that had a fault so I sent it back paid the extra and one day later got a new 7’’ one :slight_smile: and they have dropped in price now I paid £179.99 .

thanks for all the input guys :smiley:

going to digest all the information and will be making a decision and purchase today.
big bonus is my mum’s agreed to pay half towards so that’s a big help :smiley: :smiley:

thanks again everybody!

YAMBOL57:

cant fault it at all :smiley: I bought the 5’’ one at first and that had a fault so I sent it back paid the extra and one day later got a new 7’’ one :slight_smile: and they have dropped in price now I paid £179.99 .

Followed your link and found they are £129.99. Is that the same one you bought? They certainly sound convincing at that price but with a personal recommendation they would sound even better.

OnlyAlan:

YAMBOL57:

Followed your link and found they are £129.99. Is that the same one you bought? They certainly sound convincing at that price but with a personal recommendation they would sound even better.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR…

Getting one :wink:

Ive got the S6000, but still tells me turn around in a cul de sac. Becareful

i like to â– â– â– â–  my snooper off when i get bored :sunglasses:

set your height to 16ft and head for a lower bridge , it freaks out … :grimacing: :grimacing:

I have the Snooper S900 Truckmate Lite.

I chose it over the S6000/7000 mainly because it only has a 4.3" screen so can also be used in the car.

I don’t find the smaller screen an issue, as it clearly shows the next turn as a large icon on the right of the screen & (when in town/city centres) I tend to keep my eyes on the road & follow the audio direction.

It’s also much cheaper at £220 (UK & Irl) or £270 for Europe

when it comes to sat nav for trucks you really wanna save up n spend a lot

I have the Snooper-Proline satnat esp made for trucks, I can tell you the amount of times thats saved my â– â– â– !
you can look up your destination on google earth and type in the long and lat and get the exact location to destinations (pretty easy to use)all touch screen
type in your weight restrictions and height and it will calculate the route for you and avoid all the ristricted roads
defo a Must if NAvigation is your weak point like mine is

I give the sat nav 8 out of 10 one of the best I’ve ever used!

the price range is around about £400 but it help you work like a pro and keep your job.