Driver returning to HGV land

Hello all, I was wondering if you could advise me please :open_mouth:

I originally passed my class 1 HGV test in October 1997 and have been driving artics on and off up until about half way through 2009.

I’m now thinking about returning to driving and have the necessary forms on the way to me (D2, D4 and digicard)
It now seems that I will also need to get a DCPC before 9th September 2014.

My problems are twofold.
Firstly, what happens if my licence isn’t back before September?
Secondly, as a consequence of this, what happens if I miss the September deadline?

What hoops will I need to jump through then? :open_mouth:

Thanks for helping.

Well i would say do your Dcpc course in 5 days of bordem, have a look around for the cheapest in your area, then your ready to do battle with all our over seas friends for a job, try and not go down the agency route, create a good CV, dress smart casual for interviews, It is a real battle nowadays. Good Luck.

as far as I know nothing. you just cant drive after 10th septmeber until you have done your 35 hours dcpc.

Thanks guys.
Joey R, having spoken to my local DCPC training company I’m lead to believe that I can’t do the DCPC course without a current C+E licence (mine lapsed in 2009) so it doesn’t seem to be an option to do that first :frowning:

Quackers:
Thanks guys.
Joey R, having spoken to my local DCPC training company I’m lead to believe that I can’t do the DCPC course without a current C+E licence (mine lapsed in 2009) so it doesn’t seem to be an option to do that first :frowning:

Yep my drivers cpc provider said it is a requirement for candidates to have their licenses with them for every module, as JAUPT can do spot checks on providers.

Thanks for that confirmation LIBERTY_GUY

Quackers:
Thanks for that confirmation LIBERTY_GUY

Your welcome… I recently reinstated my licences after a break and it took approx four weeks to get them back after sending off all the forms.

Have fun… :slight_smile: