Down to Almeria Spain

Howya,

Am off to Spain on the 27th December, goin to a place called Zurgena near Almeria for a week, Im driving down by Car,

dont know which is my better route from Calais:

Calais - Almeria Via Bordeaux / Pau way

Or

Calais - Almeria Via Lyon / Perpignan way?

which is the better route ?
was goin to take a ferry into Cherbourg . St Malo or Rouen to cut some of the journey out but by the time you take the cost of the ferry and the time of the ferry, calais is the better option! Its 320 Mile or so away from St Malo and will cost approx a lot less than the £400 or so I was being quoted!

also looking for a decent Motel kind of place to stay in which is good and clean with decent grub for an overnight stop ? I need to be as close to Spain as I can on the Thursday evening, setting off early doors from my gaff!!

If ya know of any then please let me know.

Cheers

Irun way. Where did Pau get into the mix…?
Stop the night at a Formula 1 .Clean ,cheap but no evening meal & always a cafe nearby.

Its cheaper to fly and rent a car. I am going to Malaga in November and it still works out cheaper for me to return to England by ferry and get a flight ( £77 return ) car hire for week 60 eur. We used to drive it ,but 4 fillups of fuel,2 hotel nights one way , worked out more expensive.

i need to drive down as im takin some furniture with me for a place iive bought.
harry, pau was showing on the autoroute, the route you refer me to is going / heading san sebastian /madrid , the route it came up with is thru pau headin towards zaragoza (e7) headin towards valencia

best route then people wud go for ?

Well I guess things have changed since I was a boy… :laughing:
This is the way I would go…
CLICK

Edited to shorten the extremely long link

That’s the way I’d go down too Harry.

Some nice scenery on the way down as well :smiley:

Wish I was going down there myself

Got back from Almeria last night, spent a few days house hunting. Stayed in Mojacar and drove out from there to Taberno, Albox, Velez-Rubio, Tabernas, and a few other areas.

Took the Easyjet + hire car route,but next time, if I go again I will definatly drive down, take more time and hopefully enjoy it more.

If Jimt from on here reads this…was that you in a dark blue Scania wagon and drag with sleeper pod going northbound up the A7 on Thursday afternoon?

The roads were very quite down there, only brit trucks were removal companies!! Nice and hot though…shame about some of the brits who have made the move down there though…chavs seem to get everywhere :unamused: :unamused:

You can blame easyjet for that. Essex chavs fresh from Stansted.If you are looking for property try going where the cheap airlines haven’t yet appeared,prices will be lower.