Double posts. [Merged]

fredthered:
Why so many double posts - is there something wrong?y

The admin are aware of the problem and working on it.

Ive no noticed it myself

Ive no noticed it myself

:grimacing:

Same here.

Same here.

Double

Post?

Fred Elliott is in charge of the posts. I say Fred Elliott is in charge of the posts.:smiley:

For me, if I post, I get a blank page after posting.

Same here.

the maoster:
There’s obviously a glitch in the matrix. Dunno if the mods can investigate but when you write a post and press submit you just get a blank screen (the message WILL have posted though). I think this confusion is what is causing a large amount of double posts.

I don’t get double post’s , but I do get the blank screen and this remains until I close the connection’ come off the website’, and reconnect to it again, :confused:

damoq:
Fred Elliott is in charge of the posts. I say Fred Elliott is in charge of the posts.:smiley:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Guys we are aware of the problem, and despite it being Saturday night and the Eurovision song contest being on TV our brand new tech guys are looking into this, the obvious reasons for it happening have been checked and rechecked ( wrong file and directory permissions) It now seems it may be something deeper. Moving a site of this size and complexity at very very short notice was always going to be a task that was going to throw up some issues, It is to the tech guys credit that the problem while annoying means the site is still up and active, It could have been a lot worse without their hard work.

It may take a few days to get to the bottom of this problem, but it is not by any means being ignored, in the mean time if you do double post please hit the “report post” button so one of the admin team can delete the unneeded extras

We do apologise for the problem, in an ideal world we would have planned and tested for such a move in advance to mitigate any such issues, but due to circumstances beyond our control that was not possible this time.

Just found this thread 'cos its still doing it as of 1am Sunday. Its definitely since the site went down at midnight a few nights ago. From what you’re saying Rikki that was for a planned server move?

Test post - it might be fixed. I’ll come back and edit accordingly.

Edit: now working ok - at least in this thread.

On other BB’s I am on,there is the facility to,“Delete” your own posts if you wish to clear up the page by clearing double posts,or if you’ve said something you later regret.
Some posters do make a secondary post to apologise for a mistake made in as previous post,not really necessary when there is the facility to “Edit” your original post.

Cannot see an issue here

Just another point to note…

Since the recent server migration, I no longer get email updates to the subscribed / participated topics.

Not a moan. Just for information to developers / techies.

Good job you are all doing to keep it up and running during migration. Well Done.

Wish I read this before I tried to post. I’ve now triple posted. ■■■■

No email updates here either.