DOH!

mike68:

merc0447:
Thread about this a few weeks ago, 200 pounds is a scandalous amount to fine someone especially someone who is just trying to put food on the table.

It should be 30 pounds fine and if you dont produce the missing tachos in 5 days it goes up to 200 pounds, at least that sounds reasonable to me.

Very reasonable, it’s not like we earn a fortune, Expected to be professional for a pittance, what could they do if you told them it was your first day after a career break? How do they sleep at night!!!

It’s an interesting question isn’t it?

What if it was your first EVER day? You might have only been given the job two days previously. If up until two days previously you had not had anything to do with haulage at all, ever, except hold the licence, then you can’t be expected to produce the full quota of charts can you :question: :question: In other words, surely you can’t be expected to provide charts for an industry, let alone a job, for which you may not have had anything to do with until say two days ago :question: :question:

What would happen then?

bazza123:

mike68:

merc0447:
Thread about this a few weeks ago, 200 pounds is a scandalous amount to fine someone especially someone who is just trying to put food on the table.

It should be 30 pounds fine and if you dont produce the missing tachos in 5 days it goes up to 200 pounds, at least that sounds reasonable to me.

Very reasonable, it’s not like we earn a fortune, Expected to be professional for a pittance, what could they do if you told them it was your first day after a career break? How do they sleep at night!!!

It’s an interesting question isn’t it?

What if it was your first EVER day? You might have only been given the job two days previously. If up until two days previously you had not had anything to do with haulage at all, ever, except hold the licence, then you can’t be expected to produce the full quota of charts can you :question: :question: In other words, surely you can’t be expected to provide charts for an industry, let alone a job, for which you may not have had anything to do with until say two days ago :question: :question:

What would happen then?

Nothing. You can’t be fined for not producing records you are not required to have. He was fined for not being able to produce records he did, and was required to, have.

Would I be right in saying if you left a job and did your first ever day in a truck 4 days later (within a week), you’d need to fill charts in for the day(s) other work you’d done within that week?

anyway, all done and dusted now really and a lesson learned I suppose, still think the fine idea needs a re-think. I’ve got the charts and there’s nothing on them I want to hide, I wasn’t being dis-honest just dis-organised, I’d’ve been happier with a lesser fine and a week to produce the required documents.

The lad they pulled in a transit that was over a ton overweight (4.8t) deserved it more than I did :confused: I dunno what he got for his offence though…

darkseeker:
Would I be right in saying if you left a job and did your first ever day in a truck 4 days later (within a week), you’d need to fill charts in for the day(s) other work you’d done within that week?

You would be right in saying that.

I know £200 seems a lot but if you did it in Europe especially France you would be a couple of thosand Euro;s lighter, and marched to the bank to get it.

Cost a mate of mine 2,800 euro’s and his truck was also impounded for 3 days

Coffeeholic:

darkseeker:

You wouldnt have to fill a chart in if that other days work wasnt in a truck, the days work would of course go towards your weekly hours… but if you say did 5 hours in a greengrocer’s then ofc you dont fill a chart in for that

imagine filling the chart out …

Registration…apples
Mileage …4 for a pound

rockape2620:

Coffeeholic:

darkseeker:

You wouldnt have to fill a chart in if that other days work wasnt in a truck, the days work would of course go towards your weekly hours… but if you say did 5 hours in a greengrocer’s then ofc you dont fill a chart in for that

Registration…apples
Mileage …4 for a pound

fairly sure mr vosa would expect you to :exclamation: , still counts as other work…could be wrong through, lets wait for ROG to wade in and complicate things then GEEBEE45 and neil will then un-ravel the mess :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you just put your name date and fill out the back what times you did for other work.

whats the difference between working in a shop and say doing a day in the yard? still meant to fill out a tacho??

if i’m wrong then i apologise

(post edited while coffeeholic posted his reply - hence his quote is now wrong)

rockape2620:

Coffeeholic:

darkseeker:

You wouldnt have to fill a chart in if that other days work wasnt in a truck,

Yes you would. In any week were you do a few days at one job then one or two driving under EU rules you have to fill a chart in for each day of the non driving job. Those charts need only your name, the date and the start and finish times.

Cruise Control:
you just put your name date and fill out the back what you did for other work and when you took your breaks etc etc etc

Just name, date and start finish times is all that is required, no need to record any more detail than that so no need to show what you were doing at various times. Those charts are only to show whether you have had the correct daily and weekly rest periods, nothing more.

Cruise Control:
lets wait for ROG to wade in and complicate things then GEEBEE45 and neil will then un-ravel the mess :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG is busy in the Legal forum trying to get his head around the differences between the two flavours of WTD and what counts for what. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

rockape2620:

Registration…apples
Mileage …4 for a pound

Haha, but some of my employers said that I should record my STUDIES on the time sheet. THAT would be fun:

• Czech oral class 9-10 (DRIVING, as we driving the lector mad)
  • Breakfast with Amanda (other work, she always ask me 1000s of questions, as I am slavic)
  • Lecture in French (rest, I sleeped most of it)
  • Tutorial group on CEES (POA, I might be asked to the blackboard, but apart of that I am just listening…)

:slight_smile: