Dodgy Pictures-Avatars

Firstly,before Im lambasted with comments ,let me point out that I honestly believe there is a time and a place for everything and Im not going to cast any moral opinions on anyones likes or dislikes.However lads(I presume),some of the signature pictures or avatars(word I never heard before this site),leave a bit to be desired.
Whenever Im browsing,Ill sometimes have my daughter beside me on the floor watcing x-factor.Its a bit annoying and embarrassing to say to her,here have a look at this,this is where Dad used to go,when there is a picture of a young lady in provocative poses,some of which would be classed as soft ■■■■.Im not stuffy,but I think that there is a time and a place for all that stuff.There is,Im sure ,girlfriends ,wives,daughters etc.,looking in from time to time,or indeed young impressionable lads.Is this the image of our industry we wish to portray?IMOH no. Surely something a bit more appropriate may be in order.Bad language,racism etc. is not allowed,and rightly so.So why is this sort of thing? And believe me when I say ,that sometimes ,I show all the signs of the things that Ive just rallied against.But in the right surrouds.Am I just geting to be an angry old man? :confused:

you’re definately turning into an angry old man! You can’t watch tv nowadays without seeing much worse. I’ve never seen any avatar which been more than slightly suggestive.

whiplash:
It`s a bit annoying and embarrassing to say to her,here have a look at this,this is where Dad used to go,when there is a picture of a young lady in provocative poses

Should you really be telling your daughter what you got up to in your younger years :laughing: :wink:

I agree with you there Mr.B on the tele thing,theres a watershed allegedly to protect the innocent.However the point I was making was that if ones kid/granny/wife/mother etc.,is looking over your shoulder,what will they think?And dont get me wrong,I could sit all day watching the movements on some of those avatars,very entertaining,just a bit embarrassing for me in front of the kids.Theres a time and a place for everything,and I know the time and the place for some of them-anytime and my place(although not when the missus is here,I dont think she`d understand :blush: )

Rick,I meant the places,ie Long Distance Diaries,Crack on to Macon,Mont Cenis and so on.God knows certainly not ALL the places Ive been.Theyd probably make a sailor blush!

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Do I need to remove my ■■■■■?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

The_Catman:
Do I need to remove my ■■■■■?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

That would make two of us then TC, cos my avatar has a ■■■■■ cat too. :blush:

Your ■■■■■■■ are always welcome ,I`m sure,at Trucknet. :blush:

I think if your daughter is so protected in your home, then she will get one hell of a shock if she ever joins facebook :stuck_out_tongue:

I am on several other forums and believe me this is very tame, both in language and pictorial content.

Unless you close your internet account I dont think you will keep her away from this type of thing.

How old is she now because many mainstream music videos I have seen are much worse than TruckNet avatars.

Even P J Proby was banned off stage over 40 years ago

I think shes better off seeing a few pics than watching X- Factor, switch that telly off :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Wheel nut, I accept fully what you say about my daughter,she is protected,and the outside world will be an awful wake up,for us and she.Yes,the music vids are pretty apalling,(almost as bad as x factor!) ,but the point I was making was that as this is a trucking forum,is there a need for it?Like I say,in the right context,I have no problems with a scantily clad young ladies.However,I had her in Italy a few years ago,and asked her did she know where(e.g. the drive through Courmayeur to the Blanc)as is on a thread here.The only thing was there was an enormous pair of ■■■■■ heaving up and down,a few posts later.What Im worried about, is will she think all drivers are into this,or should young ladies behave like this when around drivers?Remember the thread a few weeks back with pics of a truck show?There was more flesh on display than an abbatoir. Leeb,you wont get an argument off me on that one,mind-numbing that x-factor!