Digital Radio

Would anyone happen to know if you can get digital radios for trucks?
MAN TGX to be exact.

Ta! :wink:

Dont really know but there is device called a pure highway that is supposed to be pretty good.

merc0447:
Dont really know but there is device called a pure highway that is supposed to be pretty good.

Looks okay that to be fair. No installation either so if I ever get sacked it wont need un-installing :grimacing:

I have a highway and wouldn’t be without now. If I remember it cost around 80 notes,comes with an internal stick on aerial which I sellotaped to a ruler to make it portable. The aerial is ok but looking for an external one as the signal disappears over between the hills up around tebay to penrith,or just below.
The other problem with it is that it uses a fm transmitter to run through a vacant station on your radio,a bloody good idea but a nightmare around london finding a free space.
All in all though I wouldn’t be without it now.

yes u can i have got one fitted in my xf the only problem with it as said before if u keep changing area u do keep loosing the signal or have to retune but it depends to what station u are listerning to like gold radio but this station is one of them u have to keep retuning in to but smooth radio is good as u keep that signal for a long time sorry about my preference in music

the highway works much better thru aux socket via the 3.5mm jack.ive got xf105ssc and i got a lead on ebay which plugs into the rear of the blaupunkt stereo,if your into talksport or 909 for the footy the mw station quality is superb.radio 4 extras brill steptoe,navy lark,hancocks half hr and dads army all on there plus crime and thrillers and some sci fi

Yep, Pure Highway is great.

Internal aerial is ■■■■, got for one of these amazon.co.uk/PURE-VL-61112-H … 484&sr=1-6

£21 but it’ll be the best 21 quid you’ll ever spend.

DadsRetired:

Internal aerial is [zb], got for one of these amazon.co.uk/PURE-VL-61112-H … 484&sr=1-6

How long is the cable chap?

ShropsBri:

DadsRetired:

Internal aerial is [zb], got for one of these amazon.co.uk/PURE-VL-61112-H … 484&sr=1-6

Say`s 2m on one of the reviews.

Anyone know about this one:

pure.com/products/product.as … ory=In-Car

Picnic mode looks OK, when sitting on a bay with no keys.

ShropsBri:

DadsRetired:

Long enough to run out of the sun roof and stick it on the top.

Remember, the Pure Highway “talks” to your own radio via an FM frequency so they dont need to be next to each other.

The beauty of DAB is the variety of stations rather than the sound quality.

Thanks for that matey. :slight_smile:

DadsRetired:

ShropsBri:

DadsRetired:

Long enough to run out of the sun roof and stick it on the top.

Remember, the Pure Highway “talks” to your own radio via an FM frequency so they dont need to be next to each other.

The beauty of DAB is the variety of stations rather than the sound quality.

You can also put the external mag mount out of the passenger window near the mirror, it doesn’t stick out further than the mirror, but is easier if you change motors every day like i do.

Tis an idea too.
I keep the same motor and it sometimes goes out when I’m on my rest but thats not an issue.
We have 61 plate premiums now and it is actually prewired for a cb with pl259 plug up behind the blanking plate next to the digi spy.
Now as I hate wires hanging across the cab I’ve been looking for an adapter to plug that into the highway but with no avail.
Tis bloody noisy too with the sunroof open,even a crack and I quite like cracks too!(not the arse kind before you say) :laughing:

DadsRetired:

Totally agree.
I bought the PureHighway three years ago and the external magmount a year later.
Best money i ever spent and even driving around deepest,darkest Cornwall all the time,there’s only 3 or 4 very isolated areas where it plays up.

I got my pure highway as a refurbished unit on ebay for about ÂŁ50. Cracking bit of kit, love absolute radio.

try www.dabonwheels.co.uk
The World’s only dedicated in-car DAB shop .

gazza1970:
try dabonwheels.co.uk

^^^^
From here a BEAT 390 double din radio should replace the radio in your TGX. ÂŁ149.00 with lots of features over and above the standard base line radio in the TGX. I have a TGX on order and will sort the radio when I get it.

annitram:

gazza1970:
try dabonwheels.co.uk

^^^^
From here a BEAT 390 double din radio should replace the radio in your TGX. ÂŁ149.00 with lots of features over and above the standard base line radio in the TGX. I have a TGX on order and will sort the radio when I get it.

Cheers mate, looks like some good gear on there.

I’ve just ordered one of those aerials as recommended…my thanks too for the link and advice.

In answer to your quote about the BEAT 390 radio, it wont fit, I drive a TGX XXL and the radio has rounded edges, this radio is more square therefore wont fit… Would love a solution to this as I would rather not go down the FM transmitter route as they are ugly and you have to keep switching stations as you get near a station transmitting on your frequency. Would love to find a radio that slots straight in and be able to use the steering wheel controls, I have asked our local MAN dealer but they seem a little clueless although these trucks are made by the VAG group (volkswagen/audi) so maybe they could give us all a solution.