Digi card expiry/ manual entry

Does anyone know how to close the last working day on an expired Digi card and then begin the following shift on the new one so there’s a continuation. My current card runs out on 3/10 and the new one begins on the 4/10. I’m on rest when my current card expires 1-4th. Would I need to do a couple of printouts and write my finish time on the back for my final shift or can the new card be inserted and backtrack to when I last withdrew the old card? Any help appreciated.

I would assume that a manual entry on the new card to cover the time of the old card “expiring” until the time the new card is inserted would cover you .

You should be able to just start using the new card as usual, as you have to keep your old card with you for 28 days. Since your card expires during a rest period, you don’t need to make any manual entries, just as you wouldn’t if you were carrying on on the same card

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.
I think I’m gonna try and cover both options so if I can’t do a manual on the new card to cover the time between the two, I’ll have printouts and explanation as a backup.

Presumably you’re referring to a manual entry for the end of the last shift on the old card, I would have thought that you would be able to do it on the new card but if you cannot just do as you’ve said and do it on a printout.

If you could let us know how you get on it may help others in the same situation in the future :wink:

Yes tachograph that is what I’m referring to and yes once I’ve established if it can be done on the new card itself I will be happy to share my findings.

I’m sure that I’ve done that just like you normally would at the start of every shift when I’ve inserted a new card. I work at a place where they want you to do manual entries at the start of the shift and I’ve had a new card in that time.

Conor:
I’m sure that I’ve done that just like you normally would at the start of every shift when I’ve inserted a new card. I work at a place where they want you to do manual entries at the start of the shift and I’ve had a new card in that time.

Yeah same here, where I work they are hot on manual entries and I’m just curious as to how (if possible) do one for the card changeover so it’s seamless. No biggie if not as I said I’ll cover myself with printouts on my last shift before the card expires anyway just in case

Think my understanding of the situation is as follows… insert old card to do manual entries… card not valid displays and card promptly ejected without opportunity to do anything… use new card and do manual entries on that (probably only as far back as the validity of the card)

Was greeted one night by the card not valid message at 00:25 after unloading/reloading… I presume you’re supposed to stop driving before it expires to swap cards?!?

ytrehodluap:
Think my understanding of the situation is as follows… insert old card to do manual entries… card not valid displays and card promptly ejected without opportunity to do anything… use new card and do manual entries on that (probably only as far back as the validity of the card)

Was greeted one night by the card not valid message at 00:25 after unloading/reloading… I presume you’re supposed to stop driving before it expires to swap cards?!?

Yeah I guess so if you happen to be working whilst your card is due to expire (midnight) I believe? You would have to stop to do the changeover. In my case ( day man) my card expires whilst I’m on weekly rest so the new one is valid on my next shift.