Derek Cooper sells up

Dont know if anyone else has mentioned this.
Suffolk based haulier Derek Cooper has sold his transport business’s to 2 other East Anglain companies. Turners of Soham have brought the powder tank operation based at the Red Lodge nr Newmarket, and Mathews Gt Yarmouth have brought the general haulage business based at Blofield nr Norwich and with a yard at Tuxford, this is now to be called Coopers of Norwich, although I dont think that the truck and trailers will be getting a rapid name change. Coopers of Norwich run about 40 trucks plus a number of subbies (which is where i fit in).
I dont know how many trucks the tanker operation runs, but I think its about 20.

eddie snax:
Dont know if anyone else has mentioned this.
Suffolk based haulier Derek Cooper has sold his transport business’s to 2 other East Anglain companies. Turners of Soham have brought the powder tank operation based at the Red Lodge nr Newmarket, and Mathews Gt Yarmouth have brought the general haulage business based at Blofield nr Norwich and with a yard at Tuxford, this is now to be called Coopers of Norwich, although I dont think that the truck and trailers will be getting a rapid name change. Coopers of Norwich run about 40 trucks plus a number of subbies (which is where i fit in).
I dont know how many trucks the tanker operation runs, but I think its about 20.

Thats a pity, never worked for him but I did live in Red Lodge for 10 years…he was our village haulier!

Trubrit:
[

Thats a pity, never worked for him but I did live in Red Lodge for 10 years…he was our village haulier!

The Red Lodge will still be used for the time being, as the base for the tankers, and a trailer park for the general haulage, so from the outside nothing will have changed to begin with. :wink:

I wondered if this topic might appear. :smiley:

Derek Cooper and (much of) the family are personal friends of mine and the sale of the companies happened a few weeks ago.

Reckon they had a few more motors than that eddie? :confused: None of the tipper / tanker fleet were in livery.

I’d also add that the scrap yard business at the Lodge was also sold a few months back. Right up to then Mrs C still drove the crane!! :smiley:

Here’s wishing Derek and Vera health and happiness in their retirement. They are two of the most down-to-earth people you could wish to meet.

flying_fenman:
I
Reckon they had a few more motors than that eddie? :confused: None of the tipper / tanker fleet were in livery…

Yeh I knew that, never could work out how many there was as they rattle past every time I have a night out there (red lodge). I was going by how many drivers there where on the Norwich yard phone list, and it allways seemed there where a few more general motors than tanks and tippers. But 60+ is enough to have under your name wether it be more it aint less.

Here’s wishing Derek and Vera health and happiness in their retirement. They are two of the most down-to-earth people you could wish to meet

oh yes thats true enough :smiley: