Deleting unopened private messages

How do you delete them without actually opening them to read ?
I’ve had a one in my inbox for a while that I purposely unopened for weeks just to make a point and to annoy the sender, :smiley: …which I inadvertantly and mistakenly opened tonight after forgetting why I left it in the first place…yeh I know .:unamused: :smiley:
Instantly deleted it when I realised my mistake before reading it, but that ain’t the point. :unamused:

Oh NO!
You wont be getting the chance to help out a down-on-his-luck prince who could make you £1,000 richer! . It takes a couple of key strokes to open and delete a pm. Youve just made one or hundred key strokes to ask how to avoid that…

:

Franglais:
Oh NO!
You wont be getting the chance to help out a down-on-his-luck prince who could make you £1,000 richer! . It takes a couple of key strokes to open and delete a pm. Youve just made one or hundred key strokes to ask how to avoid that…

:laughing: :laughing:
Thanks for the help Frangers…(.I think… :smiley: )
You need to post one of your illustrative links to help me out here, .I ain’t as good on computer technique as I am at apparentlly annoying certain members on forums like yourself… :wink: :smiley:

Btw don’t worry about the Prince,.I’ve got that covered, he’s already agreed to send me half a mill, …Tell you what, I’lll treat you when it’s paid into my account. :sunglasses:

Btw it ain’t one of Franglais’s pm.s, he’s a grown up, understands the concept of a forum,…and can take a bit of banter ■■■■ take and name calling…

Sometimes. :wink: :laughing:

I don’t have any unread messages to try with (nobody sends me any :cry: :laughing: ) but I think it should work like this.

Opposite the message there should be a check box, under Mark. Click in the box.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a drop down box, should say Mark/UnMark as important.
Click on the drop down arrow and select Delete Marked, then press the Go button.

That should be it.

Colingl:
I don’t have any unread messages to try with (nobody sends me any :cry: :laughing: ) but I think it should work like this.

Opposite the message there should be a check box, under Mark. Click in the box.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a drop down box, should say Mark/UnMark as important.
Click on the drop down arrow and select Delete Marked, then press the Go button.

That should be it.

Thanks for that mate…as I said I opened the message by mistake last night :unamused: , so I can’t wait to see if the individual in question sends me another, to try it out. :smiley:

Btw Would you like me to pm you to stop you feeling left out?? :laughing:

Nah seriously thanks again mate.

Got it sussed now. :sunglasses:
It works.
Thanks again to Colingl for the info, and Roymondo for sending me a ‘tester’.to try it out.
It looks like it still goes to ‘Sent Messages’ rather than staying in ‘Oubox’ as an unopened message, even if deleted, but there ya go.