Decent lunch

Don’t usually stop for dinner but today for various reasons I need to grab a cooked lunch. Anywhere decent between Dartford crossing and Waitrose Aylesford?

Ta

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Parking can be fun…

At The Merry Chest which, I admit is just off the A2 on the A296 slip road but it’s not a million miles back to the M25.

Or, if you can get in, The Oakdene cafe between the M20 and M26.

Bon appetite`

I’m no help to you here as i seldom cover that area any longer.

However, wouldn’t a company with a reputation like John Lewis (Waitrose) offer visiting drivers the use of their canteen? Why isn’t this normal?

Its just that during my transporter years most places who had a decent canteen would let us drivers in, off the top of my head Mitsubishi’s at Cirencester has to be one of the best on site restaurants in the country, with Citroen at Slough a close runner up, some with a bar adjoining the restaurant.

Not many do now. Not sure about Waitrose but don’t want to get there and face a vending machine roll.

Cost cutting had seen a massive decline in these facilities.

I was on bulk potatoes for a while. Often get good canteens at places like McCain’s.

Sad times

Junction 26 off the M25 used to be good food, not been in for a couple of years so may have changed now

I am not too sure but Junction 26 off the M25 do not allow parking for short tacho breaks , it is only over night parking only , there was a sign there for that .

P Stoff:
Not many do now. Not sure about Waitrose but don’t want to get there and face a vending machine roll.

You’re very welcome to use the facilities at Aylesford but don’t ask for the canteen, it’s the partner dining room or PDR.
Can’t remember opening times offhand but usually normal meal times. Payment is made by electronic visitors card which can be topped up with debit card (no cash). Enjoy

Thanks all.

considering its on the way to dover and used by 1000s trucks maybe a day theres nothing at all between m25 and dover.
nells café used to be okish . if its still going?
as know they closed down the hgv parking area across the road.

toby1234abc:
I am not too sure but Junction 26 off the M25 do not allow parking for short tacho breaks , it is only over night parking only , there was a sign there for that .

I quite often popped in there for just a meal. Never an issue. Also went in early evening and they just parked me across the front of the overnight parkers.

nyk473l:

toby1234abc:

I quite often popped in there for just a meal. Never an issue. Also went in early evening and they just parked me across the front of the overnight parkers.

That the place that has an upstairs part?if I I have parked there a few times for my 45 mins and some tea. Then again be about 2 years ago since was last there

edd1974:
considering its on the way to dover and used by 1000s trucks maybe a day theres nothing at all between m25 and dover.
nells café used to be okish . if its still going?
as know they closed down the hgv parking area across the road.

You’ll have to do a drive by to see what parking is like for the last two on the A2 but the A20 ones are usually OK. The Oasis at Brands Hatch on the A20 is still there it is just a bit of a walk back from where you can park if there is room.

Merry Chest Dartford A2, Nell’s Cafe Gravesend A2, Tuck Inn Rainham A2

Oakdene Cafe Wrotham A20, Jungle Cafe West Malling A20, Blue & White Cafe Smeeth A20, Airport Cafe Lyminge A20