DCPC 'NOT Required'..?

Why would a HGV class C job be advertised and have ‘DCPC not required’ in the description…■■?

Never seen it said in a description before, and has got me confuzzed…

indeed.co.uk/cmp/Aquajet-Dr … q=operator

I feel I can help with this. My previous job I was a tree surgeon, I had to drive a plant lorry or a 20 ton chip truck, cpc was not required as my main job was to be a tree surgeon and not a driver therefore I did not require dcpc.

So in short, driving is not the main job and therefore dcpc will not be required, most likely tacho exempt also.

Is it because the jet lorry is plant ? A bit like my Mrs driving a 8 wheeler volumetric mixer at 40 tonne gross in the same way she drives the Audi ! Only needs a car licence Iirc ?

gov.uk/guidance/driver-cpc- … s-examples

CPC also not required if you took your test before 2008 i think…

AndrewG:

Do you mean HGV test if so i have never heard that before.You must be gettin to much sun.

AndrewG:

Drivers who held a HGV licence prior to the DCPC being implemented in 2009 had grandfather rights for the first 5 years, that expired in 2014 and from that time on all HGV drivers doing a job that is not exempt need a DQC, the implementation date for PCV drivers was September 2008 so their grandfather rights expired in 2013.

No DCPC is required if the job meets one of the exemptions mentioned here

I have a mate who is involved in this type of thing and it is, in theory, possible but they decided the borderline between needing DCPC and not to be so fine / full of possible traps that they put their drivers through it.

Vehicles that aren’t allowed to exceed 45 kilometres per hour Seems unlikely for HGV based vaccy tanker

Vehicles being used by or under the control of the armed forces, police, a local authority, fire and rescue authority or prison service Yes if all your work is for local authorities, but what about the “extra” job for that factory down the road ?
Vehicles being road tested or new or rebuilt vehicles which haven’t been put into service If they are just manufacturing / selling them ?
Vehicles driven to and from pre-booked appointments at official testing centres Once a year
Vehicles being used in emergencies or rescue missions Seems unlikely
Vehicles being used for driving lessons or driving tests "Full time on a vaccy tanker ?
Non-commercial carriage of passengers or goods for personal use Seems unlikely
Vehicles carrying material or equipment to be used in the course of the driver’s work Yes, but I suppose it depends on your definition of “used”. If the vaccy tanker / jetter takes sludge or whatever away at the end of the day, especially from a “private” job then I would have thought DCPC comes in ?