Dawsonrentals orders 100 Euro 6 MANs

See

truckingtopics.co.uk/dawsonrentalsman.html

Let’s hope they sort out the useless warning alerts then.

Lets hope they’re all capable of doing 90km/h…!!!

Their making out like their the first company to have euro 6 :unamused:

I think MAN are about the last company in the UK to sell Euro 6. They are at least 2 years behind Scania.

But has any other UK buyer ordered more than 100 Euro 6 trucks in one go?

Another front page… I am impressed.

Do you work for CM?

trubster:
Another front page… I am impressed.

Do you work for CM?

I make occasional contributions :wink:

I wonder how these euro 6 motors will be running 5 years down the line, cold shiver of fear runs down back at thought of cost with replacement exhaust gubbins.

There’s no doubt even the Euro 4 and 5 need more careful maintenance than the Euro 3s did. And it’s not just the exhaust systems…the engines need more attention too. Euro 3 was probably the best from a reliablity point of view…trucks would keep going for ages just on oil and filter changes

Silver_Surfer:
I wonder how these euro 6 motors will be running 5 years down the line, cold shiver of fear runs down back at thought of cost with replacement exhaust gubbins.

It will be quite interesting in say 10 years time if they will still be wanted in the third world? Look at all the 90s motors in Africa still going, they keep them going for years but with all this new tech stuff it isn’t a case of just nuts and bolts anymore.

I suspect they won’t be wanted in the third world at all. One reason being because they will face competition from brand-new trucks meeting Euro 3 (perhaps with ■■■■■■■ engines) built in China or India. ■■■■■■■ has a massive engine plant in China now, which is already building the 4-pot engine used in the Euro 6 DAF LF so the capability is already there.The African market is likely to become more sophisticated and want new trucks, but the new trucks they want will be technically about on the level of what we had 10 years ago. A lot of the tooling for making older-style European cabs already seems to have been exported to India or China.

This
commercialmotor.com/latest-n … he-quester

is an example of what might be

And look at this

chinatruck.cc/products_list/&pmcId=6.html

Without the ‘bottomless pit’ of African exports draining used trucks away from the UK, I think that the current Euro 6s are likely to hang around in the British market for longer, and get half-life refurbishments in the same way that buses and coaches do now.

GasGas:
I suspect they won’t be wanted in the third world at all. One reason being because they will face competition from brand-new trucks meeting Euro 3 (perhaps with ■■■■■■■ engines) built in China or India. ■■■■■■■ has a massive engine plant in China now, which is already building the 4-pot engine used in the Euro 6 DAF LF so the capability is already there.The African market is likely to become more sophisticated and want new trucks, but the new trucks they want will be technically about on the level of what we had 10 years ago. A lot of the tooling for making older-style European cabs already seems to have been exported to India or China.

This
commercialmotor.com/latest-n … he-quester

is an example of what might be

And look at this

chinatruck.cc/products_list/&pmcId=6.html

Without the ‘bottomless pit’ of African exports draining used trucks away from the UK, I think that the current Euro 6s are likely to hang around in the British market for longer, and get half-life refurbishments in the same way that buses and coaches do now.

I like that, so they are basically building new trucks but with simpler technology, they could be going for decades then, as there is less to go wrong. Going backwards is the way to go forwards.

Yes, providing the Chinese can ‘get over’ their quality control problems.

They seem to have a tendency to cut costs by using poor quality materials and assembly techniques which they are going to have to grow out of sooner or later.

You can already buy Chinese touring coaches here.

They use a lot of European components to get to acceptable standards for the UK market, but are still a Chinese product.

kinglonguk.com/content/xmq-6800