CSCS card, whats the crack?

One of my agencies are sending me in for a CSCS card so i can go on a contract for them doing cement tankers, delivering to them silo’s on building sites!

Anyhow, i need to have a CSCS card so they have put me in for it. but what do i need to know??

anyone else done it??

Whats the score with it??

Cheers

B…

Bungle666:
what do i need to know??

Who`s paying for it?

Its just a building site awarness course, cost about £30

peirre:

Bungle666:
what do i need to know??

Who`s paying for it?

not me! Agency funded :slight_smile:

chaversdad:
Its just a building site awarness course, cost about £30

hmm no mention of a course, just read a book then go the place where they do driving theory tests and sit a CSCS test! LOL

no idea how much it costs, Agency are paying!

B…

Just basic knowledge read the book and you will be fine.
Ive had one about five years and nevrr been asked for it.

Loads of different cards you can go for, probably just an “operative”…multiple choice questions on a computer…really basic.

Have a look here…scroll down & take the mock test

quizglobal.com/ViewQuizByID.aspx?QuizID=604

koikeeper:
Loads of different cards you can go for, probably just an “operative”…multiple choice questions on a computer…really basic.

Have a look here…scroll down & take the mock test

quizglobal.com/ViewQuizByID.aspx?QuizID=604

Thanks for that! passed 47 out of 50… :laughing:

B…

I’ve had mine over 2 years and haven’t been asked form it once on any building sites, including trackside work where they’re tight on everything.

47/50 for me too, no revision, piece of the proverbial!
Paul

Yeah i’m going in for this too, seems lots of jobs are asking for this, health & safety gone mad though! :open_mouth:

Well done Bungle666,

I would have said learn the book parrot fashion over a couple of days and you’ll have it nailed by then ready for the computer test. Exactly the same as the driving theory test in all intents and purposes.

I have my gold card from my full time job and god what a ball ache that was to get. Even had to sit an NVQ Level 3 to get that, just to say I can supervise/manage sites on my own. Even though I had been doing 3 years prior to ever needing that card. Hope you don’t have to suffer something similar!

However I have found throughtout my time I always get asked for the card, but perhaps that is because I am staying there for long periods. Whereas most of you gentlemen are fleeting visitors! :grimacing: You lucky things!

C