CPC Card and periodic hours

I passed my CPC module 4 on 20th Oct and was wondering when I will receive the card for this? I have not passed any practical driving tests in hgv’s yet.

Also I have paid for 14 of my 35 periodic hours but will I need my driver card before I can complete these?

Cheers

Luke

LDP:
I passed my CPC module 4 on 20th Oct and was wondering when I will receive the card for this? I have not passed any practical driving tests in hgv’s yet.

Also I have paid for 14 of my 35 periodic hours but will I need my driver card before I can complete these?

Cheers

Luke

Do not do any periodic hours until you have the DQC in your hand

The DQC will not be issued until you pass the practical LGV test in your case and when it is issued it will have a 5 year expiry date from when you passed mod 4 - not the date you passed LGV practical which is a bit of a liberty but that’s how its been done by DVLA in the past according to a couple of drivers who did it that way - mod 4 (DCPC practical) then mod 3 (LGV practical)

NOW THEN … The DVSA driver CPC team on 0191 201 8112 are saying the opposite - that the DQC should be a 5 year expiry from the date the mod 3 practical LGV test was passed in this situation and if your DCQ is dated to expire in October 2019 then they would like you to ring them with your driver number, name and address to get this situation sorted for you and all that follow you

Thanks Rog. Will give them a call when I pass if it has the cpc date on it as opposed to driving test date pass.

LDP:
Thanks Rog. Will give them a call when I pass if it has the cpc date on it as opposed to driving test date pass.

Thanks mate - things may have changed since the last time I came across this issue two years ago

For most there will only be roughly a two week gap between the two mods so most will not be concerned but it will be nice to get it sorted for others as well as yourself if the DVLA are still doing it their way

I’ll post on here to let others know what the situation is when I know.

I’ve gone about it in what I believe is quite an unusual way. An agency even tried telling me the other week there was no possible way I could have done CPC module 4 until I’d done practical test. Until I got the certificate out …

LDP:
I’ll post on here to let others know what the situation is when I know.

I’ve gone about it in what I believe is quite an unusual way. An agency even tried telling me the other week there was no possible way I could have done CPC module 4 until I’d done practical test. Until I got the certificate out …

Shows how much they know …

The only rules are that mod 2 must be passed before mod 4 and mod 1 must be passed before mod 3

Luke, why are you doing 35 hours of periodic training? All you need to do is your initial cpc, mod 2 & 4, or are trying to get 10 years with two DQC’s?

Tockwith Training:
Luke, why are you doing 35 hours of periodic training? All you need to do is your initial cpc, mod 2 & 4, or are trying to get 10 years with two DQC’s?

I think he was intending to pass initial then quickly getting the 35 so he would get a DQC with almost a 10 year expiry date

That explains it, I did the same, mine expires 2024, not a bad trick if you afford it.

I don’t think he receive his card yet as he stated he has only passed 4 and didn’t mention 2, or am I reading it wrong?

I took advantage of the rules when cpc first started. Did mine Sept 2008 and my card expires Sept 2019. This was only possible because of the one year delay for trucks after buses. And, having both, I managed to get 11 years. It only works once of course.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

wildfire:
I don’t think he receive his card yet as he stated he has only passed 4 and didn’t mention 2, or am I reading it wrong?

must pass mod 2 before being allowed to take mod 4

I am doing 14 of my 35 periodic hours as I was sold this by the broker. Silly mistake but it’s something I’ll need to do eventually anyway so if I get two days out of the way that covers me and will only have 21 hours left to take. But like Rog said I can’t do this until I get dqc card. I’ve done all my cpc ( modules 2 & 4 ).

Regards

Luke