Cornwall / Devon

A quick request for route advice -

I am off to Barnstable and Falmouth tomorrow, it has just dawned on me I have no idea about the a39 west of Barnstable - is it all fine (16ft)? I stay well clear of Porlock etc to the east.

Thx

Not a problem the A39 from Barnstaple mate.

Sweet, thanks. I know the route to each indivdually quite well but never had call to cut across, or holiday around there!

Where you planning to park?
I can recommend Smokey Joes at Redruth. TR16 5BJ.
No SNAP but you get a meal included in your parking.

Or if back at Barnstaple truck parkEX31 2AS, a short walk over bridge to a Spoons.

2 Likes

I would normally make it back to Bridgwater, but the combination might make that a stretch depending on how long I spend waiting.

Will keep your options in mind if I don’t get up country enough!

Bridgwater Truckstop it is then.
(Same junction as the Services)

Another one I can recommend.
Good grub…(try the chicken basket or the spicy chicken salad) …
10 quid voucher, and 2 good pubs right next door to it,… both with beer gardens for a warm summers night. :sunglasses:

Is the lorry parking at Smoky Joe’s in the yard behind the main car park you can see from the main road? I’ve passed it when the car park was full and wasn’t sure if the area behind was lorry parking or a Conway Bailey Transport yard, so have never stopped there.

It’s a transport firm’s trailer park afaik mate.
The customer’s park is like a big lay by adjacent to the caff.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, will try to stop there for food next time I’m in the area.

Checked my wallet, I have 3 vouchers in stock already, going back to the ‘pre-inflation’ price. I best use that one today if I can in case it stops being legal tender…

As I like to have a full meal set in the fridge some nights I will settle for what I brought, giving a free lunch option at a later date when I’m passing.

It did seem good of them to up the voucher price when the canteen prices rose.

Just go for the mega 3 course option with a beer then…sorted.:sunglasses:
:joy:

Could do a big blowout meal,

but one more voucher and I can take the inlaws out for lunch one Saturday!!

It is Conways yard at the back ( trailer Park)

1 Like