Copilot Truck

Anyone had any experience with this? I installed it ages ago when I was toying with the idea of driving trucks and now I’m here I can’t have alook at it because my trial has expired and I don’t fancy paying for it!

Is it any good?

be nice if someone can point me in the direction of a free version to test it out! :wink:

No idea, but it’s supposed to be good - and if it’s as good as a car version (which I’ve used for a while now) then it’ll be sound.

What is it?

I use the car one it works fine. But not half as good as Waze, but they don’t have a truck option [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Blood:
What is it?

It’s a subscription truckers Sat-Nav app for your phone!
(i.e. it has bridge heights and weight limits)

Aponia is just as good and might be cheaper :bulb:

Evil8Beezle:

Ah, right. Every day’s a school day. :grimacing:

I’ve used it at P+H as it’s on the PDA’s and tbh it was pretty spot on. Only had an issue once when a bridge was 14.6 and my Truck was 14.6 but it was adamant I take it under it. If I had a co driver I would have got him to watch me under.

I bought a sat nav someone recommended on here and for the route I do every night it wanted me to go through an housing an estate and and 20 mins out my way even though I pass the place I need to go to on the roundabout lol. So I purchased Co-Pilot and it tells me it’s a restricted road but it don’t try and direct me around an housing estate it takes me to it off the round about. I won’t use much else now tbh Co-pilot will do for what I need.

Blue Blood:

Evil8Beezle:

Ah, right. Every day’s a school day. :grimacing:

Wrong explain why its subscription based

U have to pay for it, and there ends my interest in it…

You have to pay for a satnav unit what’s the difference

I spent a damned sight more on paper maps and atlases and AtoZ’s pre satnav era than I ever have on an actual Satnav whether it was a dedicated unit or the Aponia App, plus no one came round my house and drew in all the new bits as they appeared on the paper ones, I had to go out and buy newer ones!

All my paper maps, atlases an AtoZ’s that i bought up until about 8 yrs ago, where are they now? Recycled that’s where, where’s my TomTom GO510 that I bought just over 8 yrs ago? In my drawer, it still works too, and if I plugged it into my PC it’d have the latest map updates on it.

So, Satnavs… Waste of money eh?

I think its more about paying for an app as in all apps and music should be free kind of thing

alix776:
You have to pay for a satnav unit what’s the difference

Calm down pal, each to their own and all that…
I like an independent unit that’s always setup and while I’ve no experience of the app, I suspect an incoming call at an inopportune moment could be rather annoying if it interferes with the interface and directions.
I like simple, and a dedicated Sat-Nav does what it says on the tin, and no more than that…

The only subscription on Co-Pilot is the traffic. The app is like £90 and you get first 12 months traffic free. I’ve no intention of buying the traffic once the 12 months is up it will just revert back to normal but I get free updates that are done automatically so I don’t have to keep sticking a sat nav into a pc to update it each week.

Waze does trucks now, doesn’t it?

I Use it every day and can’t fault it,it’s on the PDAs at work