Continental Hauliers

Nice pic on the trailer, she might carry the “V” flag, but I bet she wasn’t!

B

Not a truck but a familiar view, I personally hated the shuttle, it might have been quick but that to me was the problem, by the time you’d eaten your plastic food you were out the other end, it wasn’t a rest, back on the little coach to your wagon & you were away again! At least with the boats the crossing might not have been that long but it gave you time to eat/drink better food & get your duty free, & still sit down & relax for a bit. Others might have prefered the shuttle’ but that was my opinion!

Prefered this view!

Annoyingly not 1 of my better pics, cos a lovely wagon! Taken in Banbury, Oxon.

In the days before Poland was part of the EU sometimes they parked in our yard for 2 weeks before they all left

Boatchaser:
In the days before Poland was part of the EU sometimes they parked in our yard for 2 weeks before they all left

I know the Poles always seem to need 2 in the cab, & don’t like going anywhere on their own, but thats ridiculous!

adr:
Annoyingly not 1 of my better pics, cos a lovely wagon! Taken in Banbury, Oxon.

mate of mine drove this

adr:

Boatchaser:

I know the Poles always seem to need 2 in the cab, & don’t like going anywhere on their own, but thats ridiculous!

They brought soap powder (Persil ) from Poland sometimes there would be 10- 15 of them then they asked could they stay . Well as my dad had done it for a living i knew what it could be like parking up . We got to know them well and i give them my cell No and if they ran in on a Sunday morning they would call me i would go down to the depot open it up for them they would use he hand pallet trucks and pull the pallets to the back and we got them done asap

Used to see RABA’s about but don’t know much about them. what engine they had etc, anyone know?

CSAD on the door, State run Czech outfit weren’t they, I stand to be corrected if wrong! Faded LKW AUGUSTIN on the headboard, can’t think where they were from, although Austria springs to mind for some reason!

CSAD Czech again. I took this pic in South Mimms early 90s. I was on tankers & I was parked up for the day haviing done friday night-shift & was waiting to start again saturday night, there was 2 blokes with this LIAZ, I watched them for ages & they virtually carried out a full service on this wagon, although the drivers lookes as if they needed a good overhaul themselves!

Just a smart French Globetrotter!

Very imposing!

Super Photos adr, thanks