Continental Hauliers

Hi Chris &adr
The company was Onatra they have a web site which looks like it’s kept by former drivers,there are a lot of pics of their lorries on it.
Chris I hope you are still putting the cash away for Wheelnuts visit to the Island :laughing: :unamused: :blush:
Regards
Richard

Excellent piccies, any more coming? I’ll watch this space anyway

MaggieD:
Hi Chris &adr
The company was Onatra they have a web site which looks like it’s kept by former drivers,there are a lot of pics of their lorries on it.
Chris I hope you are still putting the cash away for Wheelnuts visit to the Island :laughing: :unamused: :blush:
Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,Onatra was the name,it’s all coming back to me now (as the art mistress said to the gardener).
Well,yes I’ve got a stack of cash here to buy Wheelnut’s beer.I hope he doesn’t contact me before friday for a drink as I’m just finishing a course of antibiotics and drinking is a no no.Nice weather at the moment for TT practice,hope it stays good for the lads. :sunglasses:

F

B

F

NL

adr:
As well as photographing Trucks from UK firms, I also have a few of European/Continental haulage firms, many are as well known to us as British firms. Some have driven for these firms, subbied for them, or known some of their drivers from regular runs, delivery/collection points etc, or waiting at border crossings/boats etc, so thought I would put them up to look at, hopefully they might trigger memories/stories for someone! I start with a pic of a HS Frederics wagon I was driving at the time, HSF are a common sight on UK roads, I took this in Bradford while I was tipping!

cracking pictures adr, i have one of a fredericks scania in this livery, i was presuming it was the same as the plain white ones they have these days, please keep the pictures coming, and i agree the old globetrotter doesnt look right without a sunvisor, same as the daf 95s

the mouton scania used to run for haniel out of hamburg to sheffield on a weekly basis a fellow i used to work with at peter roffs called terry mcmurrey left roffs to go drive it, then ended up buying it and running as an o/d

SUPERB PHOTOS ADR,

Early 80s, Hungarocamion RABA’s!

Hungarocamion early 90s, pictured outside British Leyland, Cowley Plant, Oxford.

Same wagon, well travelled!

Czech LIAZ, those blokes must have been hard!

Didn’t see many Dutch registered Pegaso Troner’s!

Frenchy having a kip in Avonmouth Truckstop.

adr:
Didn’t see many Dutch registered Pegaso Troner’s!

Dutch Pegasos where few and far between, I drove one for a Dutch company in the late 80’s. early 90’s they where a fairly good motor, 360hp is not much but they went well. My first big cab, first truck with aircon, it had cruise control aswell, no limiter then either, and as a young 25 or 26 year old I was king of the road in it. The outfit I worked for had 3 of them, 2 in these colours and one in Specialtruck,s blue white and orange livery, we used them on Spanish work (logicaly). The reg on mine was VH so its a bit older than the one in your picture.

Bit sad with the flags, but I was only a boy.

Parked outside SpainTir at Coslada, maturity must have arrived, the flags have gone…

and outside Victors in the snow, I think the other trucks where driven by Peter Marriot and Ivan Hardy, winter 89/90 if I remember correctly, must be around then the volvo is on a G plate.

Hi Steptoe,
Great pics, I never drove a Troner but I had a Sed Atki Strato for 7 years, couldn’t really have been that much difference between the two! A lot of us were flag sad I think, but it made us feel good at the time so who cares! Nice paint job on your Troner, seen something similar on a couple of Globetrotters over the years I think. The Hardy DAF, as the no. plate suggests he did mostly Gibralter didn’t he, & I think I saw a article in a Truck mag about him, he had a kitchen pack fitted in her didn’t he?
Regards
Chris

spot on adr. :smiley: :smiley: keep them coming matey :wink:

Here I in Recklinhausen, Germany, just re-loaded for UK. Used to load hanging-pigs from if I remember right Congleton, take them to Recklinhausen getting there about midnight, they tipped you & told you to pull outside, you went to kip for about 3-4 hrs, then they knocked you up to go back on the bay & they re-loaded you for UK. This old DAF was the Frederics spare horse, bit rough cos she’d earnt her keep over the years but once you got her wound up she went OK, but with only 350 ponies she did struggle a bit with some of the loads, Frederics way of loading was keep putting it on until the wheel-arches touch the tyres, then take 2 off! She also had a pokey little fuel tank, so if you didn’t have a trailer with a belly-tank, most of Frederics did, by the time you did your UK drops you were sucking vapour by the time you got back to the boat, no buying Derv in the UK!!!