Completed the ADR course

Well been on a 5 day course to get my ADR up to tankers…

Have to say the course was daunting at the start, Mon seemed to be a mind blowing amount of info, but as the week goes on its gets a lot easier with jigsaw piece’s falling into place very nicely thank you.

Exams are fairly easy, nothing too technical, ‘its not Rocket science’ :wink:

Big thanks to JMD Training in Ellesmere Port, good price, really nice guy who owns the Company, we had the exam govening body there yesterday to take the exams who award this particular school marks for the course, presentation etc. The course scored top marks…

Met another Trucknet member there, ‘Wobble’ great meeting you John! :laughing: All the guys in the group were great, really friendly bunch.

Finally special thanks go to none other than our very own ‘Diesel Dave’ who was our teacher, great guy, put things across really well, and made us feel well at ease, plenty of times for questions etc, and made sure we all understood the course fully…

Wont know the results for a couple of weeks, but feel quietly confident. The suspense is killin me already!!!

Maybe its just me but I felt the 5 days were excessive and expensive for what a driver actually needs to know.

It was all the operators responsibility and basically we where to make sure we had tremcard on our possession and making sure plates that operator should make sure you are displaying and how react in an accident, contact emergency services.

I know there’s another few bits and bobs but five days at near £400 I think I paid was stringing it out.

The explosives one had a little more info. that a driver requires but Ritches kindly gave me that for nothing on a Saturday morning.

Need to take a 3 day refresher course next year and can`t remember half of it because most of it I felt was down to the operator.

Its well paid for itself though so no harm done. :sunglasses:

Oh and well done. :laughing:

Was one of the things we talked about at break time, the length f the course, but this is set by the SQA, and the training centres HAVE to stick to this itinery…

But you are right, as drivers we really dont have a lot to do in regards to ADR, apart from the usual load safety etc…

Coddy:
Finally special thanks go to none other than our very own ‘Diesel Dave’ who was our teacher,

Who’s he :question: - never heard of him :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hope you get the result you are looking for and glad you enjoyed it :smiley:

Sorry I congratulated you as I missed the waiting for results part but its pretty much a can`t fail test or am I getting Ritches into bother. :laughing:

You need to get a 70% pass…

So thats 7 right out of 10, 14 out of 20.

And the questions are not allowed to be technical, so everyone has a very good chance of passing the tests…I hope!!

Ere Rog, tell you what, Dave like his pies!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Coddy:
Ere Rog, tell you what, Dave like his pies!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

I forgot to mention this, but following a visit to my Dr, I’m on a bit of a diet and he’s restricted me to only two pies per day. :cry:

Following this crazy diet allows my Dr to weigh me at the surgery, rather than him sending me to a weighbridge as before. :grimacing:

Tis true :laughing:

2 pies a day, every day…

• the Danish pastries
  • the Baguettes
  • the Apple pie…

And that was just Dave!! :wink:

Coddy:
Tis true :laughing:

2 pies a day, every day…

• the Danish pastries
  • the Baguettes
  • the Apple pie…

And that was just Dave!! :wink:

don’t forget apple pies count towards the 5 a day Fruit & Veg

and the chips :wink:

Nah, no chips, but agree apple pie ===== 1 of the five a day (Dave like his in pies though) :laughing:

Thanks to “Diesel Dave” for his brilliant ADR course last week…hope I passed!!

All you need to do now Dave is sort them bloody photo’s out!!

Nice to put a face to Coddy…give you a bell later in the week mate.

Would recommend JMD Training at Ellesmere Port, good price and very good training…and free lunches too!!

Wobble:
…and free lunches too!!

Were ‘Pies’ on the menu :question: :wink:

You had to buy your own pies…Dave was always first out to the van, hence nothing left for everyone else!!

Best of luck with your ADR. I’m doing mine in a fortnight. Talking of pies, I did my run again from Bedwas to Manchester with 4 pies. Were they for Diesel Dave?? :smiley: :smiley:

It was great to put faces to Coddy and Wobble who I’m sure will be good additions to the TNUK membership.
They were both good students too. :smiley:

Here are last weeks’ victims… errr… I mean ‘candidates.’ :grimacing:

I reckon Coddy and Wobble have nothing to worry about, cos they were both giving very good answers in the oral Q&A sessions. :wink:

As already mentioned, the external verifier visited for an unannounced spot-check. :open_mouth:
We got a ‘grade 1’ report, so I’m fairly confident that, neither my candidates, nor myself have anything to worry about. :sunglasses:

I’m sure they’ll post up and let us know when their new ADR certificates come through from DVLA, Swansea in 2-3 weeks (ish.) :stuck_out_tongue:

chooch:
Best of luck with your ADR. I’m doing mine in a fortnight. Talking of pies, I did my run again from Bedwas to Manchester with 4 pies. Were they for Diesel Dave?? :smiley: :smiley:

Hi chooch, unfortunately, the pies weren’t for me, … :cry:
… but that doesn’t stop me from wishing that they were. :grimacing:

If you get stuck with anything on your course, you know where I am. :wink:

Good luck mate. :smiley:

Wobble:
You had to buy your own pies…Dave was always first out to the van, hence nothing left for everyone else!!

:laughing: Ahh, but that’s because I have a duty to ensure that the butty lady doesn’t get done for overloading. :laughing: :grimacing:

And did they show you’s the new trem card that come’s in later this year? It’s 1 card that does all ADR.
We at DHL mossend are using it now.

kitkat:
And did they show you’s the new trem card that come’s in later this year? It’s 1 card that does all ADR.
We at DHL mossend are using it now.

Hi kitkat, yes they (I) did. :wink:

BTW, the new tremcard is also already ‘in’ for international work under ADR as from 01/01/09.

Thanks Diesel Dave, the guy I did my Hiab course warned me that the first day or two would do my head in but it will be done at a nice golf course. Do you have to do any practical i.e. should I take some working gear with me? :confused: