Commercial Motor etc

Whenever I try to view any content on CM,BLB etc.whether directly or via a link,i get the page I want but my computer freezes for about 3 mins.then all is ok.It bleeps once at me after about 90secs.though.Is it the site or is it me?

I would say that is your computer - we have not had any reports of similar problems as far as i am aware.

Maybe try updating your browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox etc) as this may help.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks

I’ve been using Firefox for some time now.Strangely enough,I followed a link from ‘I just found something cool’ posted by Mike-C today (CM archives)
and no problem at all.Weird-still-seems sorted,and thanks for your reply.

Make best use of the archives while you can … We havent promoted it yet, it will become a pay site eventually.
it is not widely publicsed as yet - and one of the reasons it is free now is to give you guys a free chance to look through- its not going to last forever- so get in now while you have it for free- just saying
:wink:

Rikki-UK:
We havent promoted it yet, it will become a pay site eventually.
it is not widely publicsed as yet

It has been made quite clear in CM that it is only free “for an initial period” or words to that effect. Although it hasn’t ever specifically said that it will become a pay site, it has been obvious from the start that it isn’t going to be free forever.

In fact in the “About the Archive” page on the site it actually says:

If you are not a magazine subscriber, you can currently take advantage of our free trial to explore the archive. When the trial ends, you will only be able to view a limited number of pages for free.

Paul

Nothing is finalised yet, but it has always been on the cards that once the free trial ends there will be a means to access the archives even if you dont subscribe to the magazine.