Coltons haulage

Hey.

Has anyone got any info on this firm?See them about at bestway coventry.
Ive heard its night outs but is the work decent?money?etc.

cheers

There was a member on here on for them if you mean coltons they are in barking I believe

chester1:
There was a member on here on for them if you mean coltons they are in barking I believe

Wasn’t Dessy on with them for a bit? There was another but the name escapes me atm.

Ovlov Jay.

adam1987 also!

These guys?

I know a guy in the garage for them but no drivers

It seems like years ago now! If u like shining tanks you’ll fit right in at Coltons,
Money is not too bad,i worked out of Barking but they have wagons at Bestway Coventry!
Give em a go they are alright to work for unless your a tipper driver of course! :laughing:

dessy:
It seems like years ago now! If u like shining tanks you’ll fit right in at Coltons,
Money is not too bad,i worked out of Barking but they have wagons at Bestway Coventry!
Give em a go they are alright to work for unless your a tipper driver of course! :laughing:

Cheers for the reply.
Is it cash and carry work i take it?
Ive applyed to them as im in cov.i beleive its tramping aswell.

dessy:
Money is not too bad,

Spoke to one of their lads only last week, they work 15 hours a day as a matter of course and only get 120 a day for it, that’s 8 quid an hour!!! He was looking elsewhere as were more apparently. He was based Coventry but spend all week in London, seems like they get around London pay by basing guys in Coventry on Midlands pay and then keep them in London all week.

Yes mostly out of Cov,they do Scotland out of Coventry for Bestway! Tate&Lyle Silvertown aswell We did a lot of ferry trailers out of Purfleet docks!
I worked for them back in 2012/13 so might be different work now! :smiley:

wheelnutt:

dessy:
Money is not too bad,

Spoke to one of their lads only last week, they work 15 hours a day as a matter of course and only get 120 a day for it, that’s 8 quid an hour!!! He was looking elsewhere as were more apparently. He was based Coventry but spend all week in London, seems like they get around London pay by basing guys in Coventry on Midlands pay and then keep them in London all week.

No pay rise then? I tramped for them for 2 weeks only as he lied about extra pay tipping after 12 hours on shift! Since heard they have a code to claim said extras since! I did night trunking TNT out of Barking/Enfield or Basildon to Kingsbury or Atherstone

dessy:

wheelnutt:

dessy:
Money is not too bad,

No pay rise then? I tramped for them for 2 weeks only as he lied about extra pay tipping after 12 hours on shift! Since heard they have a code to claim said extras since! I did night trunking TNT out of Barking/Enfield or Basildon to Kingsbury or Atherstone

Don’t know, that lad didn’t seem too pleased there.

It’s a if your face fits kind of firm in my opinion! I was far too busy to polish tanks and do Truckfest so went elsewhere!

Pay was reasonable if u got 2 15s in a week but that was rare you would get that out of him…so basically 470ish in bank for 1st 3 months then 500 after that 600 if you worked a day on weekend…heard moneys gone up i doubt its a good pay rise…trucks are well catered for by the mechanics which were a good bunch…pauls a bit of a pansy tbh…keith the main gaffers was sound with me…the rest of the office staff were all ok aswell…loadsa bitchy drivers always talking ■■■■ and complaining but never leave…few decent lads

dew:
These guys?

I know a guy in the garage for them but no drivers

Why the name in the window■■?..