Colin Berry (ex 01er & Newhaven)

I ran with colin berry what a great bloke (rip) I have my painting on the wall in our uk home it still looks great in solstor livery he painted me a night time scene with me driving home over mont blanc home bound it reminds me of the times me and the other solstor drivers had l allways remember buying the ■■■■ he smoked in patras docks greece as colin never would take cash from you for the painting l will remember him as a great long haul trucker god bless from john springer .

I missed this sad news till now. I worked with Colin on Oryx Freightlines.

Absolutely top man. RIP Colin.

David

so sorry to hear the bad news about Colin .My wife and I travelled the commie block and as far as Jorden together in 1975 with Colin and his wife .I have some pictures of our trip together and will post them another time.What a great bloke and so sad to hear the news of his passing .Archbold driver

TIMBO:
Sad News

My mate and yours passrd on Nov 07.
I feel that this chap needs a tribute on this site!
I first met Col in 1977( i think), we were freinds eversince.
I will try and name some of the firms he worked for,
ORYX freight
Martinfreight Int
Smith van lines
Martinfreight int
Hammonds Newhaven
Tilcon Heathfield
LST Lamberhurst
Solstor Dartford
Davies Southampton

I know a few more i cannt remember there names.
all i can say is lets raise our glass to Col (RIP)

Yours
Tim

I have only just come across this site and sadly I know many of you are now also gone; but I would like to thank you for your kind words about my father. He was everything and more; he was a Special Air Service soldier in his youth and alway had a restless sole. Driving kept him sane whether with his friends or alone. I spent much of my childhood in his cab either a F89,F10,F12 a Scania 110 or 140 it was his world.

Sad News

My mate and yours passrd on Nov 07.
I feel that this chap needs a tribute on this site!
I first met Col in 1977( i think), we were freinds eversince.
I will try and name some of the firms he worked for,
ORYX freight
Martinfreight Int
Smith van lines
Martinfreight int
Hammonds Newhaven
Tilcon Heathfield
LST Lamberhurst
Solstor Dartford
Davies Southampton

I know a few more i cannt remember there names.
all i can say is lets raise our glass to Col (RIP)

Yours
Tim

I posted somewhere else about my times with Big Colin, a proper lorry driver & a true gent, I knew him from my earliest trips over the water & saw him regurlarly until the turn of the century, I’ll crack open a cold one in his memory on a regular basis, RIP mate.

A little Colin tale for you, when we were on Solstor he & I were running down the coast to catch a boat in Brindisi, I had the front door & we were yapping away on the CB, he stopped mid sentance & when I looked in the mirrors he was all over the road, I pulled onto the hard shoulder & slowed down, I didn’t want to stop in case he was out of control & went into the back of me, anyway he pulled up so I stopped & ran back to him fearing the worst, he jumped out the door & ran up the bank effin & blinding, it turned out that a bird had flown through his open driver’s window & was going nuts inside the cab, to see such a big bloke jumping around like a madman because of a sparrow was hilarious & we both had tears running down our cheeks from laughing about it, the old bill turned up & looked at us both as if we were lunatics, probably the only time I’ve ever dealt with an Italian copper & kept my wallet closed, just one of many good memories.

i meet colin in italy when he was on solstor & he looked after me as i had had i bit to much sun the day before…
then i got to run with him when he joind us on davies…
what a nice bloke…i wonder if he ever did my painting fore me…RIP