Coach or lorry driver

merc0447:
be a train driver - god i wish i was a train driver :sunglasses:

Now there speaks a man with a good idea :bulb:

bus and coach driving fine until one day when you get 40 screaming kids :smiling_imp:
be honest fellas you all know how annoying they are on the ferry :exclamation: thank god for drivers lounge
train drivers get paid well and should have job security whilst also enjoying benefits of free travel pass and peace and quiet in the cab :laughing:

Having done both I know what it’s like to have 50 screaming kids on a ferry, and on a journey all the way to Bordeaux. I also know what it’s like to drive a truck, which in comparison is a lot quieter and the load dont answer back.

Though I chose both, why dont you go for both as then atleast you have a fall back if it really goes ■■■■ up. You can then also make the decision on whether you want 40 kids on a scool run day in, day out. Or whether you want the solitude of being a trucker.

I started on buses at 19, licence paid for. I had a great time till I was 24. I drove coaches all over Europe and it was great. The only problem is I always wanted to drive trucks. I have been driving trucks for 7 years now but do at least 1 trip a year on coaches for free snowboarding. For me truck driving is much better, but only because its my dream job. If you have no preferences either way I’d say go for the coach driving, you’ll have a great time.

Both occupations Truck and Bus/Coach are a dead loss, of the two trucks definitely better because it is slightly more money than the pittance coach drivers earn, bus drivers generally earn more than coach drivers which is great if you don,t mind going round in circles all day.
My advice choose another job… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Sorry! couldn’t resist …

I always wanted to be a … Lumberjack

Smee:
Both occupations Truck and Bus/Coach are a dead loss, My advice choose another job… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

some of your posts make me want to cut my wrists - why did you ever get into this industry :open_mouth:

Giblsa:
I think you should go for the bus/coach thing.

It means there is one less wagon driver that will apply for jobs that I apply for then hopefully :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

totally agree 100%… :laughing: :laughing:

merc0447:

Smee:
Both occupations Truck and Bus/Coach are a dead loss, My advice choose another job… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

some of your posts make me want to cut my wrists - why did you ever get into this industry :open_mouth:

i know i agree and if i remember rightly he is doing training to be a forklift driver. :laughing:

Has any one else noticed the rate of pay that forkies get.

alamcculloch:

by your comment i bet it’s higher than us. :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:

alamcculloch:

by your comment i bet it’s higher than us. :open_mouth:

from £5 to £11 per hour :arrow_right: http://www.myjobsearch.com/search/?s_what=Forklift+Truck+Driver&from=0

Having clicked on the link no one gets wealthy driving a n FLT.No doubt if you train all the vacancies will be for another class of machine .Could someone point the newbies in the direction of well paid employment of any sort.

well paid job one

well paid job two

well paid job three

they are the only well paid jobs i can find at the moment…

Giblsa:
well paid job one

well paid job two

well paid job three

they are the only well paid jobs i can find at the moment…

Id have to disagree with you there really - 16k a year for being shot at and walking through minefields is not my idea of well paid` :laughing: :laughing:

p.s. this is not meant to disrespect any forces people past or present

After clicking on well paid job1 even I was able to guess what the other 2 were.If you can find any well paid jobs that would appeal to the middle aged bracket please be kind enough to post them here.I dont envy the younger people, what a zb mess we are in.

Ive been looking at a career change for ages but ive been put off coach/bus driving as the general concensus among lorry drivers seems to be that its unbearably horrible, poor money, poor conditions, poor everything. Worse that even the worse lorry driving job.

Maybe the only way to find out is to try it, surely a few kids and grannies cant be that bad. Can they?

If you have a reasonable job on the wagons then you dont need buses just control your 7 year itch.Kids arent that bad worry aboul the leaky old ladies and wet women.I have done the bus bit for the last 10 years am looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.Mind you I dont work in a city.

Which is the best job today 2024 coach/bus or lorry driver? What do you prefer and why?

Post removed…
Made myself look silly (again) after not noticing date.:joy::joy:

Holy thread resurrection

1 Like